Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Keirax   Repfanaticlady29   LizaB2008   LizaB2008   Repfanaticlady29   LizaB2008   Keirax   LizaB2008   SnakeCharmers424   Ghastly  
Pages  < 1 2
 Member  Message

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 2161602

What Exactly Constitutes a "Pit Bull"?

......well......all im going to say is i highly highly disagree that dogs are like chickens or cows.......dogs are and always will be wild at heart wether you believe they were "breed" to love us or not. Fighting "pitbull" were BEAT into being mean and hating other animals so they would fight with no hesitation, these dogs lost their will and lost their senses do to their pathetic owners and you proved my point i thank you, dogs will growl or bear teeth when they want to be left alone but children has tendencies not to listen to these warnings and causing an attack if no one ids there to pull the kid or dog away. As for "pitbulls" do not warn when they attack.....most do unless trained or forced other wise "pitbulls were not "breed" to fight in the way you are putting it the other thing they were breed for was their build. A small tough build dog the fighting was beat into them by their "loving" owners.There were many many "pitbull" back in the day that were better than any modern day dog. For example in WW1 there was a "pitbull" that was a war hero. Again we made these dogs into "killers" by beating them and teaching them to fighting. If the dog is never taught to fight chances are they will not attack and kill unless provoked. My "pitbull" growing up never fought and the one time he did it was another pit one that was trained and beat to fight that got off his chain and tried attacking me. Even then my "pitbull" did not even break the skin of the other dog and came to my side with the other dog on his neck still when i called him. Yes his breed was ment to fight, fighting is in their blood but only because we put it there. Yes "pitbulls" are more likely to attack only because its in our minds so, most "pitbull" owners are misinformed about their breed and like the dog as a "guard" dog. But go to google and do a search on "Pitbulls" It says right in the description of the American Pitbull because of their natural loving behavior they are not recommended are guard dogs for they would most likely love any human that came up unless "taught" other wise. I was attacked by a "pitbull" but it was my own fault for not listing to his warnings. I was trying to play with him reached over and took his ball from his mouth, the first time he growled the second time he bared his teeth the third time i took the ball from him he bit my hand. but he did indeed warn me. the dog breed has nothing to do with it no warning if its irritated. My life long friend had two dogs growing up one was a "pitbull" and one was a standard Poodle. They never once had a problem with them together no attacks of any kind till one day the PODDLE got out and killed 4 other dogs and attacked an elderly. The "pitbull" on the other hand never killed anything its whole life. I can not stress this enough just because their breed is "mean" or "more likely to attack" in the eyes of humans does not means its true. I cannot say i agree with you about the threads becoming trash, this is a place for people to express how they feel and i see nothing wrong with that. I honor your imput on this matter and everyone i speak to on here. Sorry to hear you wil not be on wish you the best.

07/10/10  01:14pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2161618

You don’t understand either. Dog aggression is not beat into them. It WAS bred into them. That doesn’t mean all show it. Just like not all retrievers are good hunting dogs. The question Jeni asked has been answered. Let’s not let it go off topic on a subject that is pointless to argue about.

07/10/10  03:02pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2161642

Why is nobody aloud to share an opinion on the dog laws repfanticlady29? I was not targeting anyone on here...I was simply stating that there are no similarities physical, behavioral, or or historical between the Rottweiler and the Bullies. For any law or person to state otherwise is rediculous. Don’t get your panties in a bunch because someone else believes differently then you. I own a Rottweiler, I take pride in my breed. It’s not that I don’t like Bully breeds, I will have an American Bulldog when it is affordable for me to own more then just Zoe. They just aren’t the same in anyway, shape or form.

It shouldn’t offend people that someone knows enough about their breed to see that they are not as they are being reprsented in the media. Every breed has a purpose, even the ones that were bred for the wrong reasons in the past. Bullies are becoming one of the most popular breeds in america, they are doing therapy work and sharing their great personalities with us. People should be proud to have these dogs, never ashamed and everyone makes it sound like they’re so horrible that they need to be labled. Every breed has their down falls, so what, the human race has more!

07/10/10  06:08pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2161678

That doesn’t look like a bulldog to me.

07/10/10  06:15pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2161680

And nobody said it looks like a bulldog, pitbull, or anything else. You can share your opinion without being snarky and rude, but you chose not to. You decided to make it personal and be rude to people posting laws. Not their own opinion.....law. And being snarky towards me because I posted something from wikipedia. I did actually read it and you can look up the definition anywhere else and find the same thing. Just because it’s wikipedia doesn’t mean it’s always inaccurate information. I know enough about pit bulls and the laws against them to post. And whether you like it or not there are places that call Rottweilers pit bulls. And whether I like it or not there are whole cities, counties, etc. that ban the breed I love. Doesn’t mean I’m going to come on here and yell at people that post about it. It’s not their fault.

07/10/10  06:53pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2161687

Oh yeah. Because I was totally yelling lol. Wikipedia is not a reliable source to cite information from, thats all I was saying. All those states can call Rottweilers "pit bulls" if they like, it just make them look like idiots. Whop de doo. Rotweilers are Rottweilers, they’re a pure bred dog. "Pit Bulls" are American Pit Bull Terriers, the breed that has the word pit bull in their name. Sorry, it’s as simple as that. It’s not my fault that people are so ignorant that they cannot identify the breeds correctly. That’s about as ignorant as the people who call Rottweilers, Rockwielers. Someone on here stated that they were called pit bulls because they are similar in appearance. Thats why I asked if Zoe looks like one. Maybe I should go get 100,000 dollar insurance on her if thats the case lol.

Now Bull, the white and black one is half and American Pit Bull Terrier mix.....

07/10/10  07:36pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2161678

Liza i could not agree with you more, i am a very very proud owner of a very very sweet Staffordshire Bull terrier, he is in no way a "mean" dog. When i received him from the rescue center he was 3months old, i did worry about how he would react to my mothers dog to our cats and all my other animals just because of the fact he was so young and a dog not because he was a "pitbull". When he got home he ran to the cat and laid down next to him and fell asleep, the cat was a little freaked out but now they are ethe best of friends licking each other and playing as if they were living together from day one. The time came to introduce him to my other pets, every one i showed him he did not show any aggression, no barking, no growling, no mouthing, just a calm 3 month old puppy sleeping next to the cat and rats. I have had nothing but the "bad" breeds growing up and never had a problem with aggression, yes repfanticlady29 i guess i put that wrong when i said it is beat into them, i should have said it differently to say what i wanted to. Even the nicest dog can go bad if treated badly, ok it is in their blood to be "mean" but not to humans, if their humans know how to be a "pack leader" there will not be any "bad" dogs. this topic is worn out lol im going to go walk my puppy. everyone please have a great night and lease for your animals sake and the sake of all animals please spay and neuter your pets. :)

07/20/10  12:51am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2163701

Hell, Zoe is no killer but she chases cats until she gets them corner and then nudges them with her nose so they’ll run and she can chase them again.

07/23/10  08:28am

SnakeCharmers424
View Profile

Message To: SnakeCharmers424   In reference to Message Id: 2164526

ok all here is my responce to all of this. can u spot the "pitbull"

http://pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

it took me 7 tries an i own a bully an have been around them my whole life so have fun all an see how many tries it takes u to find the right one

08/08/10  01:54am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2167822

Haha first try ^^ just it has the same build as my Milla lol

08/08/10  05:07am
Pages  < 1 2

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area