Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Mel Mel   Repfanaticlady29   Mel Mel   Amyers   Ghastly   Repfanaticlady29   Ghastly  
Pages  < 1 2
 Member  Message

Mel Mel
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2152822

I’m volunteering at the humane society.....

I’d really like to adopt her, just my dad wouldn’t let me.

06/03/10  08:09pm

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2152830

You’re a little bit out of the way too. lol
Also, I’m sure there’s tons of homeless dogs down there you could give a home to.

06/03/10  08:13pm

Mel Mel
View Profile

The computer won’t show my message.

06/03/10  08:19pm

Amyers
View Profile

Message To: Amyers   In reference to Message Id: 2152835

haha im glad Chandler got adopted. he was a pretty boy!

06/03/10  08:21pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Quote:

Remmi’s owners came to get him which really angers that Animal Control let them after all the info I gave them. I’ll be keeping him if I find him wandering the streets again.

Grr, things like that annoy me! Its the same as a couple of months ago when the male Staffordshire bull terrier was tied to my gate clearly dumped as im a 30min walk from the village and apart from the houses there the next one is just under 2hrs away! Yet Al wouldn’t let me keep him (although he regrets it now as he admitted he liked him he was just cautious) so we took him too the shelter i wasn’t allowed to adopt him but yet his owner could claim him back >.< shelters REALLY disgust me at times (especially mine they think there great when they aren’t i could tell some horror stories) i have my fingers crossed for Remmi i truely do hopefully it doesn’t happen again!!!!!!!!

Poor Haylie there is nothing worse than walking round a shelter and a dogs isn’t good inside a kennel therefore displaying a not so nice persona about itself but when there out they are wonderful! Can they not put her in a foster home so she is more settled?

Beetle XD any news about a forever home for her?

06/04/10  07:39am

Repfanaticlady29
View Profile

Message To: Repfanaticlady29   In reference to Message Id: 2152981

I don’t really know what to say about Remmi. I hope his owners learned that letting their intact dog wander the streets and eat out or trash cans isn’t the proper way to keep him.

Unfortunately, the foster program is set side for pregnant and young animals. We did start a new cage break program where the dogs can go live at somebody’s house for 7 days. I don’t know how that would help Haylie get adopted though. I was in her kennel when a gentleman made a second pass and he commented on what a difference me being there made. She doesn’t bark at the volunteers....just prospective owners. Silly girl. I’ll talk to our trainer/behaviorist and see if we can come up with a solution.

No prospective owners for Beetle. I think I’m going to put a note on Facebook about her and get it passed around. I’ll also put her up on craigslist too. I don’t want her to be there as long as Kita was. She came to the shelter in October and just got adopted out yesterday. Yikes!

06/04/10  02:47pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2153077

All i can say about Remmi is his owners are disgusting they could be nice people but well i judge people if they allow there dog or evan a cat do what they done to Remmington!!

Did the man enquire about Haylie? Or was it just a little good comment? Fingers crossed with the trainer!

If i had Facebook i would advertise to help but it would be quite pointless since im across the pond haha ^^ hopefully she isn’t there aslong as the other dog Kita was!! All the best for B!!!

06/05/10  11:46am
Pages  < 1 2

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area