Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Worms-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Worms-Keeping and Breeding Forum

April99lovesheranole   Dogwalker89   Dogwalker89  
 Member  Message

April99lovesheranole
View Profile

Why do they keep on dying???

self explanatory. Why do they keep dying? every day, i find one or two dead. Can someone please help me figure out how to help them live longer? I have them in a plastic drawer system.

09/12/06  02:15pm

Dogwalker89
View Profile

Message To: April99lovesheranole   In reference to Message Id: 980615

I am not sure maybe they arenít getting enough air or food? I have a group of meal worms I bought around 2 months ago they were in teh fridge until 5 weeks ago I then put them in a little plastic container with brand and feed them fruit bits every few days tehy are slow moving as well...none have pupated yet either....there weird, moister can kill them off too, if you got them recinitly from a petshop be sure to give them a nice chunk of carrot or apple to rehydrate them they donít get such great of treatment at petshops.

09/25/06  04:29pm

Dogwalker89
View Profile

Message To: April99lovesheranole   In reference to Message Id: 980615

I am not sure maybe they arenít getting enough air or food? I have a group of meal worms I bought around 2 months ago they were in the fridge until 5 weeks ago I then put them in a little plastic container with bran and feed them fruit bits every few days they are slow moving as well...none have pupated yet either....there weird, moister can kill them off too, if you got them recinitly from a petshop be sure to give them a nice chunk of carrot or apple to rehydrate them they donít get such great of treatment at petshops.

09/25/06  04:29pm

Back to Worms-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area