Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Worms-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Worms-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Leokeeper   Freedom   Leokeeper   Randy-burgen   Dunco  
 Member  Message

Leokeeper
View Profile

Breeding meal worms

Hey, I was wondering how do you breed meal worms? is it easy? how many babys would I end up with if I had say twenty worms together? How long does it take for them to turn inot bettles? thank you for any nifo.

08/24/04  05:12pm

Freedom
View Profile

Message To: Leokeeper   In reference to Message Id: 127687

Breeding meal worms

Hard ????? to answer as I have just begun to breed them myself however I will tell you what I know.
I bought 1,000 meal worms out of the probley dozen that escaped during the feeding of my dragons I have found about 8 full sized beetles, as soon as I found them I therew them into a container consiting of a cricket chow that I make myself and some potato piece’s, as the cricket chow is blended to a FINE mixture it allows the beetles to hide and do there thing if in fact they do there thing I ’m not sure as there is not much info on darkling bettels availble.
However out of the 8 bettles that I did find I know have close to 1,000 baby meal worms that I was not counting on having but none the less am happy to have out of these 1,000 maybe 300 will make it to the beetle stage "Hey I do have a baby dragon to feed"
So to say it’s easy the answer is yes as long as the heat is good 80 to 85 degrees you should have no problems.

09/09/04  11:37pm

Leokeeper
View Profile

Message To: Freedom   In reference to Message Id: 139626

Breeding meal worms

thanks

09/18/04  07:06pm

Randy-burgen
View Profile

Message To: Leokeeper   In reference to Message Id: 127687

Breeding meal worms

what time of the year do they breed in? how long does it take?

02/13/06  10:07am

Dunco
View Profile

Message To: Randy-burgen   In reference to Message Id: 648268

Breeding meal worms

i put apple cores in with them and after a week or two you will notice little white eggs on the core

11/08/07  03:17pm

Back to Worms-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area