Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Weather & Disaster Emergency Network Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Weather & Disaster Emergency Network Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

ComaBlack   Gottee guy   Yexalen   RE0340   Tadpoles38  

Member  Message

ComaBlack
View Profile

Power outage

Hey there, I’m posting for my friend who lives a couple towns over and has lost power due to the crazy ice storm up here in the northeast.. She has a ball python and a bearded dragon, and not knowing how long the power will be out, has bought a LOT of hot packs but those aren’t good enough and don’t last long. I don’t know what advice to give her. I would offer my place, but I live in an apartment and can’t have pets. I’m trying to look up information now, but, er, help me? Thanks in advance.

12/12/08  07:40pm

Gottee guy
View Profile

Message To: ComaBlack   In reference to Message Id: 1913631

Power outage

sneak in the pets for a couple days?

12/13/08  11:40pm

Yexalen
View Profile

Power outage

still out? Melissa Kahplan’s (spelling?) page has power outage information

www.anapsid.org

a fire place would come in handy... water bottles filled with warm water, blankets around the enclosures, move all the tanks to the same room, whatever room the people are spending the most time in. Body heat saves lives, and not just humans! like if she can curtain off one room for her family? to stay in then move the reptiles in there as well... body heat will warm up a room... karosene heaters are nice... but can be expensive....

12/17/08  12:23am

RE0340
View Profile

Message To: Yexalen   In reference to Message Id: 1915835

Power outage

I know this is old, but for future reference, the thought of a power outage was what led me to my heating set up. Basically instead of a heat lamp, I stuck a bunch of insulation foam on the outsides of all but one wall of my corn snake’s tank. This makes the tank conserve heat better, and I’m pretty sure the snake feels more secure with the back and sides of the tank obscured as well. Might help in the future.

11/07/09  11:30pm

Tadpoles38
View Profile

Power outage

Isn’t this supposed to be in help?

12/04/15  10:07pm

Back to Weather & Disaster Emergency Network Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area