Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Weather & Disaster Emergency Network Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Weather & Disaster Emergency Network Forum

Webmaster   JOANAVOKES   Webmaster   JOANAVOKES   Cbatusf   BoaBabe448   Pogos grandma   Webmaster   Repticfan1389  
 Member  Message

Webmaster
View Profile

Hurricane Frances Update

I have just been informed by a friend of mine, that knows some people that there is a lot of concern about Hurricane Frances by authorities. So us residents of Florida need to prepare our families, pets, and homes. The next advisory on the storm will be about 5pm.

Joanavokes, if you need help putting up your storm shutters and stuff, give me a hollar, and I will shoot up. If anybody else in the surroundin areas of Ft.Lauderdale need Pre or Post help, let me know.

Thanks
Doug - Webmaster

09/01/04  4:15pm

JOANAVOKES
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 133952

Hurricane Frances Update

Thank-you Doug. William and I got the boards out this morning and got them up. We picked up the feeders for the animals. Crix and superworms. Salad for the Uros and mealies for the leos. We are Iguana sitting for our Karate instructor. So we have an ornary old Iguana named Yani coming for a visit. They have to evcuate their area and not alot of people are equipted for Iguanas.
If anyone needs any advice or help I am available on the Cell 561-329-3913 or home 561-968-5530. Or Joanavokes@aol.com as long as we have phone lines. I have lived in Florida since 1957 so I have been through some rough storms, but this Frances is a nasty one. Thank you for your offer of help. We are going to try to help some other people tommorrow get prepared with boards up. Some of our neighbors still need help getting ready. Doug are you all set? If you need anything let me know. Joan A.

09/01/04  11:48pm

Webmaster
View Profile

Message To: JOANAVOKES   In reference to Message Id: 134337

Hurricane Frances Update

Hey Joanavokes. I guess i’m as set as i’m going to be. I got some water, and I have plans for all the reptiles to be put in the safer areas of my home. Tommorrow I will be at the beach in Lauderdale By The Sea, helping my future brother-in-law board up his motels. Some of the gas stations are out of gas already, and others have lines at this time a night.

Only things left for me to do is back up all the computers and the servers. Probably even pull the photo server off-line.

Thanks
Doug - Webmaster

09/02/04  1:16am

JOANAVOKES
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 134376

Hurricane Frances Update

I would put any electrical equiptment that is not needed to be up and running in rubbermaid containers or big heavy garbage bags. We are as set as we will ever be and just praying for the best.The worst part is the waiting, not knowing where she will hit, and if Frances comes in at night it makes for an errie feeling. Do not hesitate to contact me if I am needed. Joan A.

09/02/04  7:25pm

Cbatusf
View Profile

Message To: JOANAVOKES   In reference to Message Id: 134742

Hurricane Frances Update

I’m in Lutz, FL (located directly above Tampa), and it seems as though Frances isn’t going to cause too much damage in my area... or at least I’m praying. I’ll keep all you fellow Floridians in my prayers, as well.
I’ve also been through quite a few hurricanes (not as many as Joan, though! Hehehe!) since I’ve lived in FL my entire 19 years of life.
If any of you need my help or have any questions you can contact me on my AOL or Yahoo IM screen name: mosleygurl03
or feel free to e-mail me at: mosleygurl03@yahoo.com
My three leos - Gizmo, Ginko, and Esther - and I are as ready as we’re going to be. Now all there is to do is wait, hope, and pray for the best. You all take care and be careful!

09/02/04  9:33pm

BoaBabe448
View Profile

Message To: Cbatusf   In reference to Message Id: 134832

Hurricane Frances Update

Webmaster: I thought you lived in NC or SC? I didn’t know you lived in florida...hmm.....

09/02/04  9:36pm

Pogos grandma
View Profile

Message To: BoaBabe448   In reference to Message Id: 134836

Hurricane Frances Update

He just moved.........

09/02/04  10:14pm

Webmaster
View Profile

Message To: BoaBabe448   In reference to Message Id: 134836

Hurricane Frances Update

Yep I just moved at the end of June to Florida. I will have to update my profile.

Doug - Webmaster

09/02/04  11:20pm

Repticfan1389
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 134918

Hurricane Frances Update

what is it with boababe

10/19/04  3:24pm

Back to Weather & Disaster Emergency Network Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area