Water Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jarod(G)   David S.  

Member  Message

Jarod(G)
View Profile

Northern water snake!!!

if anybody sees this, can you post pics of your enclosures so i can have sum ideas for wen i get my nws in the spring!!!

02/03/11  01:24am

David S.
View Profile

Message To: Jarod(G)   In reference to Message Id: 2202998

Northern water snake!!!

Jarod I don’t have any pics but I can give you an idea of what you might need.

TANK SETUP
your going to need a ten gallon tank if its a baby, 30-50 gallon if its an adult. You will want to have a water dish of about four inch’s for a baby for an adult you should have one that is about a third of its length. a 50-75 watt heat lamp should work. get a rock to put in the basking area so that he can get warm on both sides. Make sure your tank has a tight fitting lid or your snake might escape. get some brush to put in there so your snake can rub of its old skins, I have a large pile of drift wood in mine. to me it doesn’t matter what kind of substrate you use, I personally like coco coir its easy to clean up and its cheap. That’s about all I can remember on tank setup, if you want a more ideas just ask someone else.

FEEDING
When you feeding pick a fish that’s roughly the width of your snake. it doesn’t matter what type of fish you feed your snake right now I feed my snake rosy reds they only cost 18 cents, but the food will get more expensive as they get older. If you have a pond you can either set out minnow traps or go fishing for your snakes next meal. that’s all I have, I really hope that this helps.

David S.

12/16/13  07:11pm

Back to Water Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area