Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Snakes Forum

Dan101   Cornsnake chris  
 Member  Message

Dan101
View Profile

I own a baby watersnake and have no idea how to take care of it

hi i have a pet baby northern watersnake and have no idea of how to take care of it i would like to know how to feed it what to feed it how to set up the tank and how to care for it
plz reply or contact me at packmanking@h o t m a i l.com plz get back to me asap

07/18/09  03:24pm

Cornsnake chris
View Profile

Message To: Dan101   In reference to Message Id: 2041316

I own a baby watersnake and have no idea how to take care of it

watersnakes r very easy to take care of n adapt well to captivity ive had just about every specie n they all become very placid .just do your standard 20 to 50 gallon tank with a extra large water bowl i used 12inch baking pan then painted it green they like alot of water although they r watersnakes they wont always be in the water so have nice flat elavated rocks for hiding palm boots work good too n alot of thick branches they love to bask on them also offer alot of fake plants in the cage make it as close to thier habitat as possable get indoor outdoor carpet for bottom its easier to clean that way.as for feeding cast net some brim if u have a local pond,im a fishermen so i would always save some talepia or mayan cichlads n freeze them but if u dont have axcess to lakes or canals u can go to a pet store and get feeder minnows or goldfish ,also they will accept small frogs which i always get in my pool its very convienant. dont forget the heat lamp. I never had a northern we dont have them in south fl.they r pretty, water snakes i had were the following- green,brown,banded,crayfish, n swampsnakes,,all ate n were very friendly.good luck n enjoy...

07/18/09  04:49pm

Back to Water Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area