Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Snakes Forum

RepticFreak   Cornsnake chris   RepticFreak   Cornsnake freak  
 Member  Message

RepticFreak
View Profile

Florida banded Water Snake *Need Some Info*

Ive have had many varitity of snakes, but this is my first water snake got him today it was caught wild at about 10 inches long and not to agro. hes in a 20 gallon tank that has Live plant that are going such as elephant ears, ands ferns just a mid-size water ball atm, but going to be changing for a larger bowl in the morning.. but i would love some adivice as for over all care , tempers, and what is best for them to eat. i have unlimited stock of rats LOL so ive heard i could try feeding him a pinkie after a week of him settling in it has plenty of hides and because of the live plants it misted and water twice a day so just some overall info would be great..

Thanks guys,

Gene Pettijohn

07/16/09  05:40pm

Cornsnake chris
View Profile

Message To: RepticFreak   In reference to Message Id: 2040543

The tank set up sounds good give him alot of branches for basking and ofcourse water,dont forget heat lamp for the winter time. they wont take a pinky they r fish n frog eaters if u have axcess to canals,lakes etc net some minnows or small fish they will take all frogs as well if not go to a pet store n get feeder goldfish or minnows. Ive had every watersnake under the sun n despite what people say about the smelling n musking they become very placid n good snake pets. good luck..

07/18/09  04:57pm

RepticFreak
View Profile

Message To: Cornsnake chris   In reference to Message Id: 2041328

Awesome thanks man, yeah hes very calm. He has about little less then half his cage is water and ive got some stick from around the house that were laying around and they are soaking in soap and water now.... ima dry them out and then put them in there for him.. ive hard feeding them gold fish isnt a good idea, is this true? and i have canals and lake everywhere i live in central Florida so they are almost around every corner lol.. thanks alot for the information

07/18/09  05:17pm

Cornsnake freak
View Profile

Message To: RepticFreak   In reference to Message Id: 2041335

I had one for 6yrs and I just fed it those feeder fish you get at the pet store.I bought the snake at a pet store.Good luck wit the snake

07/19/09  10:06pm

Back to Water Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area