Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Copswife   Ptamom  

Member  Message

Copswife
View Profile

New water Dragon still not doing well!

I’m new here and new to the reptile world! I got a water dragon from petco 3 months ago. The lady was begging me to take her because she’s almost 2 and is only about a foot long head to tip. She had a broken leg and missing toes, as well as mouth rot. She’s doing better with all of those the problem is she’s still very dull and hasn’t shed yet! She has grown some since being with me. All bulbs are new, gets a humidifier once a day as well as being sprayed what else could I do to help her grow and become a healthier looking dragon?

03/22/18  11:06am

Ptamom
View Profile

Message To: Copswife   In reference to Message Id: 2322161

New water Dragon still not doing well!

I am not an expert at this but I do have a dragon that is about 2 1/2. DO NOT make the mistake that I did and not slack off on the calcium supplement. I did this and as a result, her toes are crooked.

My dragon is also small for her age but she doesn’t eat much so there is not much I can do about that.

My advice is to ensure that your bulbs are the proper wattage and the cage is large enough for her. I had a custom built cage (she is quite spoiled) and measures 5’x2’x6’. I do have an issue with the humidity not staying around 80% but my temp is around 80.

http://babadookpotter.com/how-to-diagnose-and-treat-reptile-mouth-rot-on-your-chinese-water-dragon/

Good luck and thank you for caring enough to take her.

03/24/18  03:43pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area