Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Yosefpoysun   Yosefpoysun   Minya  

Member  Message

Yosefpoysun
View Profile

Strange behavior in adult Chinese

My 5 year old Chinese Water Dragon is and has been otherwise healthy all his life, he has a very large enclosure and a 40 gallon clean water tank. His diet consists of superworms, crickets and sometimes feeder fish as well when he desires. I am using both UVB lamps and heat lamps, so his lighting is not a problem. He has stopped eating, which had me worried but happens when the weather gets colder here in Florida. The thing that has me really worried, however, is that his abdomen has started twitching. It is not the same twitch in the bones as one would see with bone disease, it is a strange twitch from the surface of his side, on the far back before his hind legs. There is no swelling, his bowl movements are fine. If anyone but me goes near him, however, he has a fit and starts twitching his side as he puffs up, almost like muscle damage. I plan to visit the vet soon but wanted to check and see if anyone has seen something strange like this before. Again, he climbs constantly and has no swelling or twitching in the limbs, he has plenty of UVB.

Any help would be great.
Thank.

10/01/17  03:52pm

Yosefpoysun
View Profile

Message To: Yosefpoysun   In reference to Message Id: 2321333

It should also be noted that he is a male and does not live with any other reptiles.

10/01/17  03:53pm

Minya
View Profile

Message To: Yosefpoysun   In reference to Message Id: 2321334

Could be a few things - parasites, worms, etc., to something irritating him.

12/15/17  06:15pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area