Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Reptilians.among.us   Dragonman1972   Reptilians.among.us  

Member  Message

Reptilians.among.us
View Profile

My CWD doesn’t eat anything that doesn’t move fast

Hello first time poster but I’ve had my CWD for a month now. I got him from Petco and was told he was only 4 months old if that but he’s already big enough to eat pinky mice so I’m not sure how accurate that is. But so far he won’t eat anything but crickets, roaches, and live pinkies. I’ve tried mealworms, superworms, and earthworms and he never goes for them. He just seems so uninterested, and even when he does pick some up he just chews them a bit and spits them out. But when I offer him anything from crickets to pinkies he’ll dart halfway across his enclosure to pounce for the kill. I’ve heard they can be finicky eaters so I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue and if they were able to find a way to eventually coerce their repitilian friend into eating a softerfood like worms rather than a hard shelled insect as a staple food.. any advice would help thanks :)

03/24/17  08:38am

Dragonman1972
View Profile

Message To: Reptilians.among.us   In reference to Message Id: 2320502

Will he eat veggies or fruit? I am having the same problem with my cwd. He only likes to hunt for his food.

03/25/17  10:01am

Reptilians.among.us
View Profile

Message To: Dragonman1972   In reference to Message Id: 2320506

Unfortunately not :/ I tried giving him some strawberries, endive, and some collard a few times and he never once showed the slightest interest. If he doesn’t have to run after the food, it’s not food for him lol. I’m sure there’s something I can do... right?

03/25/17  06:20pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area