Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sacul757   Milldabeast519   Sacul757   Milldabeast519   Sacul757  

Member  Message

Sacul757
View Profile

Need help sexing

Ive had my water dragon for about 7 years, I believe her to be female. The only reason im unsure is because I have never witnessed any eggs. Ive seen her make nests and sit over them as if she is laying but I have never seen any eggs in the tank. I am in and out alot so i could have missed them? but I just want to be sure. She is very healthy and active so I dont think she is eggbound, I think id see signs by now.
Also having a hard time getting an image on here
Before she broke her tail she was around 26 to 28 inches. Large crest but short spikes, alot of color on her neck being red mainly, pores on her legs are not big and very white with a tiny black dots. Please let me know what you think!

03/06/17  08:12pm

Milldabeast519
View Profile

Message To: Sacul757   In reference to Message Id: 2320418

Need help sexing

Never ever have I seen a female with red or pink jowls. And never had a female not lay duds in 7 years.never had a female over 24 inches either!if her head is wider then an inch it’s probably male

03/10/17  05:46am

Sacul757
View Profile

Message To: Milldabeast519   In reference to Message Id: 2320424

Need help sexing

Im not saying she didnt, I have heard that they will eat them after they lay them. But has made nests and sat over them as if she was trying. Ive had two vets tell me they think its a female but I dont trust them either haha. Ive seen alot of pictures of 2 year old males with way larger spikes and puffier jowels. Thank you for your feed back!

03/12/17  01:14pm

Milldabeast519
View Profile

Message To: Sacul757   In reference to Message Id: 2320433

Need help sexing

Yes Ive had dragons eat there eggs or the males eat them but for a female to eat her entire clutch...that would be a lot.and you would of had to of either disturbed the lay or she didn’t have proper depth for dirt. Dragons won’t lay then turn around and eat there eggs.they immediately cover them.if they where some how uncovered and presented to her she would eat them.seven year old dragon sexing is a no Brainer.

03/13/17  01:34pm

Sacul757
View Profile

Message To: Milldabeast519   In reference to Message Id: 2320436

Need help sexing

Well I got another opinion from a local reptile shop and they also believe I have a female. She was definitely 28" before she broke her tail along with her head being wider than an inch. She really is a beautiful dragon and apparently large for a female. Thanks for the help.

03/21/17  04:19pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area