Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Piggie   Bakerzx   Milldabeast519   Piggie   Piggie  

Member  Message

Piggie
View Profile

Water dragon living with my guinea pigs

I have a fairly large water dragon living in the same yard enclosure as 15 guinea pigs (fostered and desexed) and to date seemed to be quite happy. However, I fed it a little bit of mince one day which it took very gently, the next day it wanted more and nearly took my finger! Then today, when I was feeding my piggies, it jumped about 1mtr onto my hand and nearly bit my thumb! I told it to get back and then went and got it some mince which I fed to it on the ground away from the pigs. It is very tame but a bit too amorous with it’s teeth, what are the suggestions? I may have to phone the Sanctuary at Currumbin to take it if it doesn’t start behaving...

02/22/17  11:39pm

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Piggie   In reference to Message Id: 2320315

I would never recommend Water Dragons living with Guinea Pigs. They will see them as food and try their hardest to ingest your Guineas.

My dragons are a year old and will eat 6-10 pinkie rats like they are chips. Water Dragons, usually, LOVE rodents.

03/06/17  11:21am

Milldabeast519
View Profile

Message To: Piggie   In reference to Message Id: 2320315

One of the dumbest post I’ve read .is this a joke???? Maybe Google what a water dragon is .5mins of reading and you will realize your mistakes

03/10/17  05:48am

Piggie
View Profile

Message To: Bakerzx   In reference to Message Id: 2320416

So far so good, two of the water dragons hibernated on top of the piggie cages for winter, they now live with my 15 pigs, however the bigger dragon wants to be fed mince when I feed the pigs in the afternoon, and needs to be taught a few manners......lol

11/03/17  02:00am

Piggie
View Profile

Message To: Milldabeast519   In reference to Message Id: 2320425

I don’t think I am dumb, I am pretty experienced with animals, but am learning about water dragons now.....so far the dragons exist amicably with the piggies, who are not at all afraid of them, but I am still trying to figure out how to feed them by hand without getting a nibble or two from them so I am experimenting with feeding methods.....

11/03/17  02:04am

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area