Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Gembunny   Ptamom   Bakerzx  

Member  Message

Gembunny
View Profile

Gone off food

Hi, I have a water dragon who is around a year and a half old, he has always loved moreo worms and had a good appetite! He seems to be healthy but since I got a cat he has become very aware there is another creature around as the cat often looks in the tank and Pascal my water dragon seems to be very unhappy about this! Since I got the cat he has really gone off his food and it has been about 4 months now. He no longer eats his worms at all which is odd and seems to only eat grasshoppers when he is really hungry, I could count upto 5-10 a week max. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do? He just seems a bit more anxious and unhappy and I feel guilty but don’t know what to do about it at all!

Thanks, hope someone can help!
Gemma

01/23/17  03:03pm

Ptamom
View Profile

Message To: Gembunny   In reference to Message Id: 2320162

Gone off food

I. Ant help you but wanted say that mine is about the same age and has done the same thing.

02/20/17  05:49pm

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Ptamom   In reference to Message Id: 2320298

Gone off food

I have always said that Water Dragons are like cats.

From experience an "obnoxious" cat will wreck a Water Dragon’s world. I had a kitten that turned into a holy terror for our Water Dragons. Jumping at the enclosure, stalking the dragons when they fed, and always making our dragons scatter any moment they tried to bask. One of the results was less or no feeding; which was huge as our dragons are PIGS!

Honestly, we found a wonderful home for the cat; where he bonded greatly with my friend and was welcomed into the "cat circle". Not every scenario can be this easy but interspecies cohabitation can be SUPER tricky.

Best of luck!

03/06/17  11:17am

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area