Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kamleck   Ptamom   Kamleck   Bakerzx   Milldabeast519  

Member  Message

Kamleck
View Profile

Water dragon wanting to eat everything it shouldn’t

Hello there, I am very new to this forum, but I have a young water dragon named Gator. I’ve had him about 2 months now and he is the sweetest most fascinating guy out there. My husband and I think he’s around one and a half, he is 17inches long and bright green. On Friday I was holding gator and he jumped out of my hand onto the floor (he does this often) and I went to go and pick him up, and I noticed a small round earring back on the ground, I reached for the earring back but I was too late, Gator snatched it up because it was shining on the ground from the sunlight. I called the vet and they said wait for it to pass, he shouldn’t have any issues, sure enough yesterday he pooped it out! Then last night as I was walking by his cage, I saw him snatched up a piece of his bark! Yikes! It’s repti bark, and it was a small piece, so i looked it up to see if he’d be okay and he’s been fine since, but this morning I have these stops for my window that are about 3 inches wide and about a foot long, and sure enough, he tried to get his mouth on that! Obviously it was way to big for him, but I don’t know what the deal is. I feed him meal worms, superworms, crickets, wax worms and mustard greens daily, he just wants to eat stuff that isn’t food. He ate 2 superworms this morning but hasnt really been wantint his own food. Any advice or help? His humidity is at 70% his basking area is 92, his cool area is 77 and all around the tank is from 85-87, he’s got a 36 in tank by 18 in deep and 17 1/2 wide and he’s got branches and a log and a big bathing water bowl, along with a smaller water dish. I’m just concerned because I know I’m doing everything right.

01/16/17  02:52pm

Ptamom
View Profile

Message To: Kamleck   In reference to Message Id: 2320118

I can’t help you but hoping that someone will soon.

01/17/17  09:34am

Kamleck
View Profile

Message To: Ptamom   In reference to Message Id: 2320123

UPDATE: he began to shed yesterday and today is acting normal and eating normally, maybe a phase. Probably a shedding thing for him.

01/18/17  12:59pm

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Kamleck   In reference to Message Id: 2320136

My beardie likes to taste everything. My WG’s not so much. It’s just an exploration thing. Maybe try to re-direct as often as you can.

01/18/17  01:40pm

Milldabeast519
View Profile

Message To: Kamleck   In reference to Message Id: 2320118

Feed him more. A full water dragon won’t snap at everything on site...just some things! Feeding greens is risky. The screw with calcium absorption in them.i would switch to berries or fruit like blueberries

03/10/17  05:58am

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area