Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Ptamom   Bakerzx   Ptamom   Bakerzx   Ptamom   Bakerzx  

Member  Message

Ptamom
View Profile

Could someone tell me..

what feeding dish do you use for the dubia roaches? I have the large plastic kind with a partial lid which is supposed to prevent them from escaping; however, I have found some that have escaped. Needless to say, I do not want roaches roaming around my place.

Thanks

01/10/17  12:00pm

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Ptamom   In reference to Message Id: 2320072

Could someone tell me..

I use a medium ceramic dog food dish. Works for even the large ones. Adults are able to make their way out, but I never feed adults; just large and medium dubias.

Also another trick is to take commercial bearded dragon food (I use Flukers) and grind it in a coffee grinder to make roach chow. It has all the nutrients and vitamins. A great way to gut load. Been doing wonders. I also use the calcium fortified cricket quencher to make sure my dubias get enough water.

Hope this helps.

01/10/17  12:17pm

Ptamom
View Profile

Message To: Bakerzx   In reference to Message Id: 2320073

Could someone tell me..

Yes, it does. Thank you for the advice. Ended up having my enclosure built and I did the inside. The builders left a space where the doors close and that is how they escape.

01/13/17  03:36pm

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Ptamom   In reference to Message Id: 2320096

Could someone tell me..

This is why I went with sliding doors. SO stressful building. But, I’ve had ZERO escapes from the enclosure. I’ve had a few escapes from the dish because of wild feeding behavior. LOL!!!

Did you have a cabinet maker make your enclosure? I have been tempting the idea of having a custom cabinet company build my next enclosure shell. Hoping the cost will be minimal.

I called one of the "custom reptile enclosure" companies and they wanted to charge me $10,000 for a basic enclosure. The other big dog didn’t even bother to return my emails or phone calls. Not to toot my own horn, but beyond carpentry: I do a much better job than they do. $10,000!!!! Still in shock from the quote.

Can yo post pictures of your enclosure? I’m such a gook for enclosure photos.

Glad I could help and thanks for keeping this forum active. I fear it’s going to fade away. I know there are more dragon owners out there than this forum seems to represent.

01/14/17  02:40pm

Ptamom
View Profile

Message To: Bakerzx   In reference to Message Id: 2320103

Could someone tell me..

The couple that did mine built it for about $1k. I later found out that they built it out of melamine but I put several layers of sealant inside and am hoping it holds, the size is 6x2.5x5.

I am not sure he is happy though as he stays in his safe spot most of the time and doesn’t want to be held anymore.

Can you please tell me how to post a pic and I will try to post pic tomorrow.

01/16/17  10:06am

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Ptamom   In reference to Message Id: 2320116

Could someone tell me..

Start a postimage.org account. This seems to be the best way. This way if pictures disappear off the page, which I have had super problems with, you can link to your gallery. Which happens to be hosted elsewhere. This is such a problem.
Use the image tab to post the URL of the image you are trying to post. You get the URL from postimage.org.
Let me know if you have any problems.

Does anyone from administration even check this page? (cough! cough!)

maybe I am the only dragon dork...

01/18/17  01:34pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area