Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

XElectrax   Saphiras mom   Bakerzx   XElectrax   XElectrax  

Member  Message

XElectrax
View Profile

Humidity

I have a 55 gallon tall, the humidity is generally at 90%, I was wondering if this was bad. I know everything I’ve read says around 80% humidity but I was wondering if others kept their enclosures differently with success.

07/17/16  09:59pm

Saphiras mom
View Profile

Message To: XElectrax   In reference to Message Id: 2319139

Humidity

90% is high. If you can I would lower it. That high a humidity can increase the likelihood of certain infections.

07/27/16  07:22am

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Saphiras mom   In reference to Message Id: 2319172

Humidity

I do keep my enclosure humid; VERY humid. There is a flip side to humid; circulation. If you don’t have circulation then you are prone to mold, bacteria and other nasties. As long as your enclosure is able to dry out if you stopped misting, then you should be fine. You should be able to control your humidity; first and foremost.

08/08/16  10:51am

XElectrax
View Profile

Message To: Saphiras mom   In reference to Message Id: 2319172

Humidity

I’ve been able to get it down to 80s now, I have a mostly aquatic set up with her dry lang spot, tree and hammock. I had to removed the air stone I had set up. I also use a fogger/ionizer so that’s maintaining it that’s for the help!

08/09/16  08:21pm

XElectrax
View Profile

Message To: Bakerzx   In reference to Message Id: 2319255

Humidity

I have a full screen top on, and the fogger shows the circulation amazingly well thankfully. I have river rocks instead of any other substrate along with live plants so I don’t stress about mold

08/09/16  08:22pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area