Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

VenomSnake   Bakerzx   VenomSnake   VenomSnake   VenomSnake   VenomSnake   Milldabeast519   Milldabeast519   Milldabeast519  

Member  Message

VenomSnake
View Profile

Water Dragon black /white spot

My 3 month old Water Dragon just got off a shed and I noticed on his(below the shed) tail he had a black spot with white in the middle. Anyone know what this is?

12/29/15  05:49am

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: VenomSnake   In reference to Message Id: 2316321

I’m not sure what it may be. I’d definitely keep an eye on it. It does look as though his scales are missing on the black spot. It may be the picture though.
Are you vitamin dusting? What do his meals consist of?
I recently started dusting as I have a hatchling rescue that had lost his tail due to stress. I am using Zoomed’s vitamin powder and WOW has it made a HUGE difference. His tail has grown almost an inch in a month and his color has become SO vibrant.
Our staple diet is Dubia roaches dusted with vitamin powder. Beyond that our dragons get dusted crickets, meal worms, wax worms, and live fish (in their pond) as variety and "treats".
Hope the best and please keep us posted. The more active this forum is the better it is for all those involved.

12/29/15  09:45am

VenomSnake
View Profile

Message To: Bakerzx   In reference to Message Id: 2316324

I am feeding him gut loaded Crickets and Waxworms, He/She doesn’t eat anything that’s not live. I dust my crickets and wax worms with Repti Calcium(twice a week) and Reptivite(once a week). It does seem to have digressed since I first saw it. In person it looked like a zit that needed to be squeezed or some kind of a water blister.

A couple weeks ago I thought I saw a thread on here with the exact same thing I haven’t been able to find that thread with hours of searching, Hopefully the thread starter will see this.

Bottom photo is unrelated just thought it was cute :) That was him/her a week into purchase 8 weeks of age.

12/29/15  02:17pm

VenomSnake
View Profile

Message To: VenomSnake   In reference to Message Id: 2316331

Could I feed him butter worms at this age 3months? Or something more nutritious than crickets and wax worms, I am very interested in swapping the crickets for Dubias I only hear good things about them, Problem is I haven’t been able to find any sellers of them up here in the GTA(Toronto, Canada)

12/29/15  02:36pm

VenomSnake
View Profile

Message To: VenomSnake   In reference to Message Id: 2316332

Also the black spot at the bottom is shed coming off, I’m talking about the white spot near his rear.

12/29/15  04:31pm

VenomSnake
View Profile

Message To: VenomSnake   In reference to Message Id: 2316333

It has nearly fully regressed, I went from misting three times a day to two times a day.

I’m assuming it was probably some kind of water blister?

01/09/16  03:01pm

Milldabeast519
View Profile

Message To: Bakerzx   In reference to Message Id: 2316324

water dragon dont loose there tail due to stress nor do they regenerate... but it sounds like hes growing and your doing every thing right

03/02/16  04:18pm

Milldabeast519
View Profile

Message To: VenomSnake   In reference to Message Id: 2316332

hey you gotta keep looking because i see them all the time in toronto. im in london and got 3000+ dubs from t.o. there is sellers with them and other species you just gotta really look since there not really allowed.

03/02/16  04:20pm

Milldabeast519
View Profile

Message To: VenomSnake   In reference to Message Id: 2316481

water blister?? thats unheard of... burn maybe? chemical or heat. maybe a bruise from falling which can occur easily. does it effect him? does he move when u touch it. does he walk different smell different?? just leave it. if it dont get worse i wouldnt waste your time at the vets! ive dealt with them in your area. if you can read a book you can diagnose as easily as them

03/02/16  04:23pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area