Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Getfit13   Takahiro111   Bakerzx   Beauxty   Milldabeast519   Milldabeast519  

Member  Message

Getfit13
View Profile

Help with sexing please!

Hey everyone, estimated age is roughly 1 year. I’ve had my dragon Yoshi for 9 months. Purchased him/her at an expo from a breeder who said the dragons were around 3 months old. Total length is 23.5 inches snout to tail. I wanted to get another but I was too hesitant if yoshi ends up being a male that he will be too territorial. From the crest I’m thinking yoshi is a female and the more angled snout. Let me know your thoughts please!!

11/22/15  11:32am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Getfit13   In reference to Message Id: 2315839

Help with sexing please!

Looking at the size of the head and jowls looks like a male. But if you notice brownish large dots near the vent its a male.

11/22/15  10:11pm

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2315845

Help with sexing please!

No visible femoral pores lead me to believe you have a female on your hands. Also I’d think at that age you would definitely start to see gender characteristics. So, my guess is female. Hope this helped.

11/27/15  07:11pm

Beauxty
View Profile

Message To: Getfit13   In reference to Message Id: 2315839

Help with sexing please!

White Pores = Female. 100% sure it’s a female. Also if you notice her digging too keep an eye out for it she could lay eggs even without a male they won’t be fertile though.

I also see her high finned on her head isn’t grown like my males it’s shorter. Thanks for the pictures though I love the blue in her. I wish mine had that blue he just gets it every now and then on the tops of his back. Also see her spikes are short too. Males have longer spikes. She has a shorter snout too. Hope this helped :]

12/11/15  11:49pm

Milldabeast519
View Profile

Message To: Beauxty   In reference to Message Id: 2316058

Help with sexing please!

thats a prego female i bet! dont need a male present for her to become gravid.... just fertile. that broad has got the typical prego arched back... i would get her in dirt immediately to be safe... have you ever seen her scratch the ground???? you can feel the eggs in her gut. take one finger and poke right infront of her back legs in her gut and you will feel them one ONE side of her body. can be either side. and u may push them around. you will feel a lump on one side. i woud get her in 12 inches of dirt to be safe. ive had cwds lay at 11 months old without a male present

12/22/15  06:25am

Milldabeast519
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2315845

Help with sexing please!

size of the head and jowls? that havnt even developed. theres no jow development or colour even started. at this age your looking at the shape of the tail and femoral pores. tail shape is the first and easiest way to tell. females have round tails males have triangular shaped

12/22/15  06:28am

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area