Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lizardlearner2   Cphill58   Bakerzx   Milldabeast519   Bakerzx  

Member  Message

Lizardlearner2
View Profile

Tank help?

Hi, I recently bought a Chinese water dragon baby and he is about 3 inches nose to snout... How long can I keep him in my 20 gallon tall tank?

11/16/15  03:08pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Lizardlearner2   In reference to Message Id: 2315738

Tank help?

Until it starts to get to big to turn around easily .. or starts bashing into the glass trying to get out ....they don’t recognize glass and don’t understand that they can not pass through it. So they inturn bash into it.

Before that time you , you need to go on youtube and see some bigger better setups that you can pre arrange.
Once a dragon starts bashing it will hurt its jaw badly and that can cause infections and illness

11/16/15  06:32pm

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2315741

Tank help?

Start plans for a large enclosure now. They grow fast and large enclosures take time and money. The sooner you start, the easier it will be. What I did was buy supplies a little at a time/ a week or two apart (read pay day). So $75 here, $30 there, $100 here. It takes the pain out of the financial end if you spread it out.
There are lots of ideas and examples in a wide range of budgetary constraints. Best of luck.

11/27/15  07:20pm

Milldabeast519
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2315741

Tank help?

welll i hope ppl arent dumb enough to wait till its having difficulty turning around and bashing its self off the tank.... the rule of thumb is as wide as his total length and as long as double his total length. but it should be double width and tripple length.

12/22/15  06:31am

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Milldabeast519   In reference to Message Id: 2316213

Tank help?

Double width and triple length?! DAMN! I want to see your enclosure to lust over for sure. I felt gargantuan with a 3’ deep and 6’ wide enclosure. The only reason I didn’t go any deeper was because I can’t fit that through the door; we rent and are moving soon, so movement is a must. I hope to someday have a "permanent" enclosure built into the structure of a house, but till we own, this is just a dream.
If I could build an enclosure again I would make it 2’ wide for ease of movement, as most doors are 29" wide with only front doors being 36" wide. Don’t we all wish we could do it over again? HAHAHA!
Best of luck with your enclosure and be sure to post a build thread. I’m a big dart frog follower and I’d love nothing more than to see more build threads like the froggers do. Let’s take this aspect of the hobby to the next level.

12/29/15  10:13am

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area