Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Arielhassinger   Beauxty   Milldabeast519   Bakerzx  

Member  Message

Arielhassinger
View Profile

Please help asap

I haven’t been spending as much time home with my dragon so I leave some worms and crickets in his tank throughout the day. He’s always snacked on them throughout the day but I’ve noticed he hasn’t been eating as much. He’s constantly sleeping. And I mean constantly. I’ll get him out and try to get him to run around my room or mess with him or whatever and he’s fine for a little but is either slowly closing his eyes falling asleep or he’s sick or what. I have no idea. He used to be so active and run around my room a lot (past couple months). There’s one thing lol the next, a week ago he would act like he can’t breathe and then gag almost and it sounded like he was coughing up water almost? But he hadn’t been drinking any water recently. And I just fed him some meal worms and afterwards he will stick his tongue out a little and then snap his head at nothing and keep doing it. Sometimes he will do it even if he didn’t just eat something. And what I mean by snapping his head is like, if I try to pet his head or something and he didn’t like it he would flick his head a little to get me to stop. I know this is a lot but he puts me in mom mode when I think something is wrong and answers are much appreciated !!!! Thank you!!

11/04/15  10:15pm

Beauxty
View Profile

Message To: Arielhassinger   In reference to Message Id: 2315524

Please help asap

Sounds to me like you are feeding him tooooooo many meal worms I would stop feeding him mealworms all together my guy didn’t do well with meal worms they aren’t good for reptiles. Some of them crawl back out or upset their stomachs. Just stick to crickets and once in a while wax worms they are more as a treat though it’s like a hamburger to a reptile.

Also I would put him in your tub or kitty litter box filled with a light amount of water just enough to poop in. Make sure it’s a little warm. He’s going to freak out and stress out but you need to make sure he pooped, his system is probably backed up.

Check your temperatures as well in your cage make sure they are right enough. Everything is getting colder now so you might have to get another bulb. But check the temperature to be sure. UVB and UVA are super important to tropical reptiles. Make sure you are misting his cage 6-8 times a day. Mist for 12 seconds. Having a ton of branches and ropes will help him feel better. A cool mister also works wonders for keeping humidity up and a waterfall. His humidity should be at 80%. If he looks any weaker in the next couple days you might have to have a vet look at him. It’s going to cost an arm and a leg but it’s worth it. Hope this helped a little bit.

11/06/15  12:21am

Milldabeast519
View Profile

Message To: Beauxty   In reference to Message Id: 2315546

Please help asap

mealworms are like potato chips! NOTHING beneficial

12/22/15  06:41am

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Milldabeast519   In reference to Message Id: 2316215

Please help asap

I’m a Dubia Roach fan all the way. I use crickets and wax worms as variety when I run out of Dubias, but Dubias are my main food source.

12/27/15  09:48am

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area