Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bakerzx   Takahiro111   Bakerzx   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Bakerzx
View Profile

Aggressive Female

So we all know I took in a rescue female a while back. Also, we lost out male rescue about a month ago.
My question is....
The remaining female is still skittish, hides all the time, and is beyond aggressive. Today she actually leapt out the enclosure (3’) and tried to bit me after I had placed her in the "prime" basking spot.
She has severe nose rub and abrasions on her back feet from a wire enclosure. So I have to handle her daily to clean her wounds and apply antibiotic ointment. She still has not shown one ounce of "tame" behavior. I do feed her strawberries each time to show her I have "treats" when I handle her. Treats, love, and care have had no effect on her skittish/ aggressive behavior.
I am beginning to wonder of she was a wild caught sub adult and this behavior will not subside... EVER.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

10/25/15  03:01pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Bakerzx   In reference to Message Id: 2315372

Aggressive Female

This is a rescue reptile that has not been taken care of so she will be as nasty as they can get so it will take a long time to calm down and if its also a WC specimen then that makes it worse. Keep trying to hold her sometimes.... I find it odd because these are one of the most docile herps out there and the previous owner is the one to blame for her behavior. But overall don’t give up she may calm down it’ll just take time and giving treats is good also try waxworms they love it.

10/25/15  06:49pm

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2315374

Aggressive Female

Thanks! I’ll keep trying. Just kind of discouraging because she has been with us for two months and all she does is hide. She will only eat if we leave the house. It’s sad. She has a whole 6’x7’x3’ enclosure to herself and all she does is hide in the dracaenas; all day, all night.
Hoping for the best.

10/25/15  08:25pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Bakerzx   In reference to Message Id: 2315375

Aggressive Female

Your welcome she must be traumatized from her past experience. But its good that she’s eating sometimes try to let her see you put the food in this way it may trigger her to come out.

10/26/15  10:58am

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area