Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jordynalyse   Jordynalyse   Takahiro111   Cphill58   Bakerzx  

Member  Message

Jordynalyse
View Profile

Please help white spots

My Chinese water dragon has white spots on him/her. He is just a baby about 1 1/2 in svl. I am currently housing in a 40 gallon tank with 100watt heat bulb, a reptisun UVB strip bulb across the back of the tank and a fogger. I have a digital thermometer stuck to the back of the tank that currently reads 85 degrees and he humidity is at 80%. I have a picture of spots I’m referring to and of the tank but I’m not sure how to post them.

10/08/15  10:14am

Jordynalyse
View Profile

Message To: Jordynalyse   In reference to Message Id: 2315129

Please help white spots

10/08/15  10:30am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Jordynalyse   In reference to Message Id: 2315129

Please help white spots

The photo dont show but the temp should be at 88 on the hot end 90 basking spot 75 cool end. The spots can be stuck shed or just him rubbing against something. It doesnt sound like a bacterial or fungal infection to me....another factor can be burns by getting to close to a heating bulb. But if its alot going to a herp vet isnt a bad idea either to get to the bottom of it.

10/08/15  04:13pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2315131

Please help white spots

use a free application called Lightshot ...make a screen shot and click the copy button to the cloud icon
post the hyper link here in the message

LIGHTSHOT

10/10/15  11:59am

Bakerzx
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2315161

Please help white spots

Possibly a shed issue, although it seems suspicious. I’m a HUGE advocate for exotic vets. We take our dogs and cats for check ups; so why not our reptiles?
Every animal in our house is our baby and a HUGE part of our family; so everyone gets a wellness check up regardless of scales, hair, or skin. Plus if we suspect ANYTHING off to the doctor we go.

Going to get on my soap box...
I feel that no matter what pet you adopt, you must be fully committed to the husbandry and care. Often with exotics, this requires some research into care and medical care. We drive an hour, one way, to out vet for out reptiles. Yes it is a drive, but our babies are worth it. Along with husbandry, medical care is so important in exotics.

Best of luck. Keep us posted.

10/16/15  06:28pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area