Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Water Dragons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cazicsmom   TwilightDreamer1979   K9   Peelghost   Cazicsmom   Pocochu   Sean bergman   Tracerkgs   Cornsnake82   Rokdog   Rokdog  

Member  Message

Cazicsmom
View Profile

Just scared to death....

I had Terris in my bedroom with me for about an hour while I was cleaning. Then I gave her Reptaid and calcium and put her in her water dish. To my surprise she actually stayed in there, and even started dunking her head (her poor head and neck are awful looking, lol). I left, went back into my room for about 20 mins - came out to check on her, and she is completely submerged in her water, except for her nostrils and mouth - they are resting on the side, just barely above the water line. I thought "poor baby, she is sooo miserable.: Then I looked closer and both of her eyes were closed and I didn’t see her breathing at all. I started calling her name and tapped on the glass - nothing....I panicked, grabbed my stool, crying, climbed up, opened the top and half afraid reached into the water saying her name loud enough for her to hear. She really does know her name and looks at me whenever I call her. At first she didn’t move, I was just touching her back, afraid. Then she slowly opened her eyes and looked at me like, "What’s going on Mom? Why are you waking me up?" Now, she is standing there, giving me dirty looks.
I REALLY hate being scared like that, lol.

11/19/11  05:41pm

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: Cazicsmom   In reference to Message Id: 2244753

Just scared to death....

Killer did that to me once... My heart just stopped!

Have you checked the water temp Cazicsmom?

TD.x.

11/19/11  05:51pm

K9
View Profile

Message To: TwilightDreamer1979   In reference to Message Id: 2244754

Just scared to death....

Oh my!! I’m glad she is alright. MuShu isn’t waking up in the morning like she used to and it scared me too! I too called her name and reached in for her before she opened her eyes.... Scared me silly!!! Amazing how much we love our dragons and panic when we think something terrible might be wrong.

11/19/11  07:12pm

Peelghost
View Profile

Message To: Cazicsmom   In reference to Message Id: 2244753

Just scared to death....

..... died (((((
I always look here http://yourdeathdate.info/1/index.html
Death when it comes will have no denial.

11/19/11  07:21pm

Cazicsmom
View Profile

Message To: Peelghost   In reference to Message Id: 2244765

Just scared to death....

@ TD - yes, her water temp was 80. It sits right under the 90W halogen bulb. All I can figure is that she wore herself out running around my room, and the water just felt good and she fell asleep....though in broad daylight - she is a weird little girl. Of course, she is a water dragon who doesn’t care for her water. I am lucky to get her to stay in for more than 5 minutes unless she is shedding, and she has only gone in by herself like 4 or 5 times, lol.

11/19/11  09:16pm

Pocochu
View Profile

Message To: Cazicsmom   In reference to Message Id: 2244779

Just scared to death....

My guys do the same thing...sometimes at night i catch them sleeping in their water...so i take them out..Ive lost too many in the water..I guess Im just a big worry wart....LOL

Annie....>^..^<

11/19/11  10:14pm

Sean bergman
View Profile

Message To: Pocochu   In reference to Message Id: 2244783

Just scared to death....

ive heard water dragons can hold their breath for somthing like ten minutes. forgive me if im wrong but im pretty sure thats what i heard ive never seen it happen personally though

11/19/11  11:22pm

Tracerkgs
View Profile

Message To: Sean bergman   In reference to Message Id: 2244788

Just scared to death....

Man oh man That is scary! I look every morning to make sure m baby is breathing and it sucks! My son wakes J up with lights as I leave way too early.But I still look in and even reptiles are smart enough att four am! J put him/herself when ready but I turn the lights out at eight. Glad she is OK!

11/20/11  12:19am

Cornsnake82
View Profile

Message To: Tracerkgs   In reference to Message Id: 2244792

Just scared to death....

Ling ling does this weekly he dives into the water head first from three feet up then just sinks to the bottom with his head up and his snoute poking out. he’ll lay in there for an hour, run around the botom of his cage then back into the water for an hour. they are water dragons!

11/20/11  08:52am

Rokdog
View Profile

Message To: Peelghost   In reference to Message Id: 2244765

Just scared to death....

Quote:

.....died((((( Death when it comes will have no denial.

thanks Peelghost & yes death due to the "Laws of averages & eventuality", accidents,
disease, & homicides eventually gets us all........

I prefer to see death as "the Eternal bliss of Nothingness"...............

yes CM, Corn snake makes a valid point as too there being a reason as to why they are called
Waterdragons
and if you have a large enough water vessel(mine gets about a foot & 1/2 deep) they will jump in and go into a trance like state and just sink to the bottom of the water vessel
and stay there unmoving for up to ten minutes
as it is a survival/escape technique as to playing "cat & mouse" or hide n seek
if they are being stalked/threatened as to being on another animals menu......

11/20/11  11:19am

Rokdog
View Profile

Message To: Rokdog   In reference to Message Id: 2244805

Just scared to death....

K9, may want to up your night time temps to 75* degrees as it takes longer for a
a chilly dragon to get going in the A.M. not to mention sesonal changes.......
from November thru May, I have the house thermostat set at 68* degrees for I live in Northern Ohio & heating costs can get quite expensive,
To keep my reptiles warm I cycle C.H.E.’s(Ceramic Heat Emitters) on and off to keep the temp at night btwn 75 & 80*degrees farenheit....*Espicially important if you have a young dragon....

11/20/11  02:29pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area