Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons Forum

Draco714   PvtYossarian09   Minya   Rexxaroo  
 Member  Message

Draco714
View Profile

Help me decide

Hey I have a baby juvinile cwd..I use tropical soil nd fake grass I bought at petsmart.I think he eats it and it gets in his eyes.should I buy reptile carpet instead

08/22/11  12:58am

PvtYossarian09
View Profile

Message To: Draco714   In reference to Message Id: 2233710

Help me decide

Repti carpet or clean towels that you can replace regularly are your best bets for substrate. I’d recommend using the towels since it’ll hold in humidity better but, also make cleaning easy peasy.

08/22/11  08:12am

Minya
View Profile

Message To: PvtYossarian09   In reference to Message Id: 2233720

Help me decide

i agree. i’ve been using towels for years now. the lizards love them. make sure you wash new towels in a non-scented detergent then dry them without using a fabric softener.

08/23/11  07:35am

Rexxaroo
View Profile

Message To: Minya   In reference to Message Id: 2233891

Help me decide

I agree as well, towels work the best, and repticarpet is absorbent and looks good, but can get moldy and stuff. I use outdoor carpet (the fake grass stuff) on his shelves and under the other bedding I use. It works well, I wash it regularly and have had no issues. When your dragon gets older you can try using cypress mulch, which works very well with holding humidity and looks nice as well. Florida gold is the brand I use, and its 100 percent cypress so no worries about pine and fillets and stuff. The stuff I use I bake at 350 for an hour and then freeze whatever I don’t use until I need it. I replace it every six months and it seems to work fine :)

Rexx

08/23/11  09:37am

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area