Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons Forum

Cazicsmom   Rexxaroo  
 Member  Message

View Profile

Terris (Cazic) Update

Well, she had alot of challenges since the vet. She would only eat 1 or 2 crickets every one or two days. She had only gained 2 grams in 25 days, not sure how good/bad that is. I was just happy that she had not lost. She had a spot on each side of her mouth that had been there since I got her - they would look better, then get worse. Still not sure if it was mouth rot or not- beginning to think it was - and they were causing her pain, contributing to her lack of appetite. In a prior post, someone (Rokdog, I think) mentioned Reptaid. I looked at it for several days, then decided to try it.

The first day on reptaid she ate 5 roaches. The next was 7. 5 days later, she is now eating 7-10, depending on their sizes. Her mouth looks much better, both spots looked almost healed =) She has always hated the higher temps, but now she is beginning to thermoregulate. I find her in her basking spot, then she will go to a cooler spot, then back to the heat. She has never done that in 2 months.

When I weighed her this morning, she has gained 1 gram since Friday! I am sooooo excited =) So, the reptaid helped with her appetite, which was the sole reason for me getting it for her. But the other things it seems to be helping with are bonuses =)

Again, thank you all for your help and advice. We would both be still in the dark if it weren’t for all of you! Next up for her is a MVB. Won’t be long and I wont’ be able to take her outside anymore. As it is, there is only a 2 hour window in the morning that has proper temps...Not sure how she will take it, not being able to go out for her morning sunning, lol.

08/03/11  02:16pm

View Profile

Message To: Cazicsmom   In reference to Message Id: 2231605

Terris (Cazic) Update

That’s so great! Glad to hear she’s doing so well, she is very lucky to have such a good mommy! Afterall, she’s going to be beautiful as a full grown lizard especially with such loving tender care your providing for her :) good luck with little Terris!!

08/04/11  10:46am

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area