Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons Forum

Singledout   Singledout   Cornsnake82   Minya   Singledout   Minya   Raisdbywolvz  
 Member  Message

Singledout
View Profile

PLZ HELP THIS CRITICAL CONDITION BABY WATER DRAGON

I JUST GOT THIS BABY CHINESE WATER DRAGON BECAUSE SHE IS VERY WEAK AND SICK. THE PREVIOUS OWNERS IF THATS WHAT YOU WANNA CALL THEM DID NOT TAKE CARE OF IT , THEY HAD A REG. HOUSE LIGHT BULB IN ITS BASKING LAMP SO I AM PRETTY SURE THAT IS WHAT CAUSED THIS MUCH DAMAGE ALSO THE TANK WAS NASTY. I HAVE GOT MOST OF HER COLOR BACK BUTY SHE IS IN CRITICAL CONDITION. ANY TIPS OR IDEAS WILL BE HELPING ME SAVE ITS LIFE.

[LZ HELP ME OR ASK SOMEONE U KNOW TJATS KNOWS SOME IDEAS AND TELL ME PLZ....................ALL ODDS ARE AGAINST IT EXCEPT ME

04/23/11  06:20pm

Singledout
View Profile

Message To: Singledout   In reference to Message Id: 2215669

HE IS OPENING HIS EYES YAY AND HE POOPED A LIL YAY.............

STILL ANY HELP CHI-LI ISNT OUT OF THE WOODWORKS YET

04/24/11  10:46am

Cornsnake82
View Profile

Message To: Singledout   In reference to Message Id: 2215732

vet!

04/24/11  10:53am

Minya
View Profile

Message To: Cornsnake82   In reference to Message Id: 2215733

how is that sweet baby doing today? she looks pretty sick. you should get her on some antibiotics. poor thing.

04/25/11  07:29am

Singledout
View Profile

Message To: Minya   In reference to Message Id: 2215839

It was running around and climbing full of energy yesterday about 6 times it gets pooped after a lil while of that but definatley doing way way way better. And its eyes are open alot now. This morning I cut up meal worms and it is eating them so I know now that it can eat real protien not just baby food it will get better faster. I am sooo happy:) I have a female iguana and she is wonderful and it just breaks my heart that people can neglect animals to this exstent. People do not realize how much work repiles are to keep them happy and healthy. I am trying to figure out what to name it now. I did some research and everything says you cant tell if its a boy or girl till like 18 months do u know if thats true???

THANK YOU FOR BEING CONCERNED :)

04/26/11  09:34am

Minya
View Profile

Message To: Singledout   In reference to Message Id: 2216007

that’s a good sign!!! keep an eye on her. make sure she’s hydrated. that’s great she ate on her own. you should probably name her. don’t over do the vitamin dusting. it can be really hard on their kidney esp since she’s been so dehydrated. i don’t know about the bulb and your 20 gallon tank. do you have a thermometer/hydrometer in there to measure the temps and humidity? keep her on the paper towels if that’s what your using until she fully recovers.

04/26/11  10:15am

Raisdbywolvz
View Profile

Message To: Singledout   In reference to Message Id: 2216007

Mine was about 8 months old (my best guess) when I was able to determine sex, and then I had to change his name to a girl’s name. lol. I suggest you pick a name that’s gender-neutral as it’s easier down the road when you figure out the sex.

04/28/11  09:51pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area