Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons Forum

Winaldo   TwilightDreamer1979   Winaldo   TwilightDreamer1979   Winaldo  
 Member  Message

Winaldo
View Profile

Another one

got another new water dragon today as person had him was giving him up for free so travelled down to glasgow today got him
letting him settle in get photos up maybe middle off week
just cant believe how mutch my 1st one has grew when see size off this new one though

03/13/11  11:47am

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: Winaldo   In reference to Message Id: 2209383

Another one

you have 2 WD’s? are they in the same tank?

03/13/11  01:06pm

Winaldo
View Profile

Message To: TwilightDreamer1979   In reference to Message Id: 2209385

Another one

yeah two now could not say no was needing a home
and since had spare stuff to set up a temp viv took him/her
not in same tank no new one is in his self just now
but since larsson viv is so big hoping they get on come time so can house them together though thats plan anyway time will tell
but just got it today so is same as when got larsson not moved about mutch so will give him time to settle before start letting him out ect
guy got him from was really good as well gave me spare plastic tank and roaches to start my own colony as well so try larsson out with one ate it straight away to

03/13/11  03:04pm

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: Winaldo   In reference to Message Id: 2209389

Another one

Good i’m pleased, you had me worried there for a minute.

You shouldn’t intrduce a new reptile to another until it’s had a cool down period. Quarentine (sp?)

with cats and dogs and other "normal" pets - you can usually tell if they’re ill, or at least that there’s something wrong with them. Reptiles HIDE their illness, it’s so they don’t get picked off in the wild for looking like an easy kill. My last WD Killer, died in a matter of days :( Thursday morning he looked and acted normal, Thurdsay evening I come home from work and I realise there was something VERY wrong, Friday i get him to the vets and start medication, but sunday evening he was gone.

sorry for the essay, but I’m just trying to explain why it’s so important to keep them separated to begin with.

TD.x.

03/13/11  06:48pm

Winaldo
View Profile

Message To: TwilightDreamer1979   In reference to Message Id: 2209407

Another one

essay lol na thats ok
people have said to me before prob u aswell infact
so going keep him/her seperate for good while well month or so and then might let them on the living room floor see how they get on repeat that for good while ...
just now just leaving it in viv and dont worry wont ask all questions did the 1st time why is he not eating ect
i now know they hate change can take while settle in
my first one is totally diff now soon as open viv jumps out runs about does not flinch struggle nothing when pick him up
and once week still putt cream on his nose looks lot better but just putt it on incase

03/14/11  12:56pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area