Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons Forum

Winaldo   Minya   Winaldo   TwilightDreamer1979   Winaldo   TwilightDreamer1979   Winaldo   Winaldo   Winaldo   Minya   Winaldo  
 Member  Message

Winaldo
View Profile

How often

would just like to ask round my pool area at bottom off my viv i have large pieces off bark at the bottom
which cause its near the water do get damp
how often should i change this out i change water every day
but how often should i change the bark ?

02/15/11  11:15am

Minya
View Profile

Message To: Winaldo   In reference to Message Id: 2205085

How often

bark is not a good substrate because your dragon can eat it and it will swell within them. this will cause an impaction. lots of folks like the repticarpet. i will be a lot cheaper than using the bark.

02/15/11  12:18pm

Winaldo
View Profile

Message To: Minya   In reference to Message Id: 2205100

How often

rest off my viv is covered in reptile carpet
i just decided to putt big chip barks down there near its water for a change really as rest is carpet
and make sure his food is away from that area off viv so he has less chance off eating the bark
and lucky enough i have had no problem so far my dragon eating anyoff it but now relise that could happen so i might look in to changing that now
but apart from reptile carpet what else could i use?
and how often would i change that then ?

02/15/11  01:25pm

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: Winaldo   In reference to Message Id: 2205111

How often

I spot clean as required but as Neon doesn’t really make too much mess, I give his tank a REAL clean once a month. I stick him in the bath while I pull everything out of his tank; wood, branches, house, hides, pots etc - clean it all and put it back.

Neon is less than impressed with me when I do this, but needs must.

TD.x.

02/15/11  06:56pm

Winaldo
View Profile

Message To: TwilightDreamer1979   In reference to Message Id: 2205168

How often

once a month ok cool better do than this weekend as thats about month been in new viv and will be honest never had his branches and stuff out for a clean yet
i have only hoovered the reptile carpet so will give it all clean take it u just wipe with warm water
or have noticed in shops u get reptile cleaner stuff is that just waste off money or does it work

02/16/11  02:14am

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: Winaldo   In reference to Message Id: 2205229

How often

Reptile disinfectant I think is a must

TD.x.

02/16/11  05:28am

Winaldo
View Profile

Message To: TwilightDreamer1979   In reference to Message Id: 2205234

How often

oh ok will have to grab some
thought it was maybe just another thing to waste money on
but i will get some get it cleaned out thanks

02/16/11  08:25am

Winaldo
View Profile

Message To: Winaldo   In reference to Message Id: 2205241

How often

ok minya i cleaned out my viv right good clean today and wont be using the bark again ..i took out his pool and noticed the bark was totally soaking and bit smelly so took it all out dry the viv with old towels and cleaned the rest off his viv .
so now in the bottom just have his pool and few branches on a big old towel now so the towel will hopefully catch any water so its not just lying there .

02/18/11  12:17pm

Winaldo
View Profile

Message To: Winaldo   In reference to Message Id: 2205241

How often

also got disinfectant spray ten pound twenty thats a disgrace
get stuff for my kitchen for pound a bottle

02/18/11  12:18pm

Minya
View Profile

Message To: Winaldo   In reference to Message Id: 2205608

How often

that’s good you got rid of the bark. i use bath towels just because i change them out once a week and wash n reuse. i use non scented detergent and a tiny bit of bleach to wash my towels. then i wash them in just water a second time. i dry them without using any fabric softener. towels are fun because you can get them in tons of color, etc. but be sure you wash them first. they spray them with chemicals to deter bugs, etc. lately, i’ve been buying baby blankets. i have them for the seasons, santa, etc. loll!

02/18/11  04:28pm

Winaldo
View Profile

Message To: Minya   In reference to Message Id: 2205633

How often

i had couple old towels i used for football so putt them on a boil wash with nothing so will let them dry the night get them in tomorrow
as u say just quick wash every week thats all it will need

02/18/11  06:15pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area