Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons Forum

MisterKabob   Rokdog   K9   MisterKabob   Tempestborn   MisterKabob   Minya   Aspers   K9   MisterKabob   MisterKabob   Rokdog   MisterKabob   Rokdog   Rokdog   MisterKabob   TwilightDreamer1979   MisterKabob  
 Member  Message

MisterKabob
View Profile

Lil’Bit

hello! i just got my first Chinese Water Dragon today! his set up is very nice. he has a heat lamp, a bunch of brances and a plant. he has a Pond over a heat pad, and a fogger! His name is Lil’Bit and he is just adorable!! i will post pictures later.

02/06/11  01:13am

Rokdog
View Profile

Message To: MisterKabob   In reference to Message Id: 2203449

Lil’Bit

a UVB light source is a MUST with Water Dragons
as is a hygrometer to monitor humidity levels
great info hereLink
click on the water dragon pic to access info

welcome to the forum

02/06/11  05:21am

K9
View Profile

Message To: Rokdog   In reference to Message Id: 2203454

Lil’Bit

Welcome Those little CWD sure win your heart quick. Can’t wait to see pictures.

The people on this forum are great and will really help you get the right information you need to keep your CWD in the best of health so you can enjoy a very nice life together.

02/06/11  07:10pm

MisterKabob
View Profile

Message To: K9   In reference to Message Id: 2203527

Lil’Bit

Thanks! i got the pictures now!!
here they are of the tank then of him!

Tank: 20 gallon long. i will upgrade as he gets bigger. I’m saving up money for things for him!

Pond. its over a heat pad so the water is warm

This is his fogger: it is in a large plastic container with water in it: the fogger splashes water so its in a tall container that Lil’Bit cant get into: it have slits in the side above water level so the fog can come out

This is the tank once the fogger has been turned on!

And Lil’Bit himself!!
he is hanging out soaking up some heat in his nice plant!!

You cant see me if i cant see you!!

What are YOU looking at!?

Thanks for looking!!

Love

Megan & Lil’Bit

02/06/11  07:26pm

Tempestborn
View Profile

Message To: MisterKabob   In reference to Message Id: 2203530

Lil’Bit

oh, he’s beautiful! what a wonderful thing a new baby is! i’ve had my little stewie for a year and a half now, and he’s still just as precious.
jesse

02/06/11  07:32pm

MisterKabob
View Profile

Message To: Tempestborn   In reference to Message Id: 2203533

Lil’Bit

yes! he is amazing! i love him! i went to Petsmart to get him/her, and there where 3. the guy who was getting them out for me asked which one as he stuck his hand in. the other 2 ran away but Lil’Bit stayed and hissed at him. i said I want that one!!

but Lil’Bit loves me very much x3 probably because i gave him a nice humid, large tank and food! haha. i can hold him/her for a while, i want Lil’Bit to settle down more before i start holding him more often! i also wanted to know, how can you tell if its a boy or a girl? i know about the vent area, but is Lil’Bit big enough to tell yet?

I named it Lil’Bit because hes tiny and its a boy/girl name lol!!

im happy i convinced my parents to let me get him! i had a leo die and a Alli die resently *also my bunny* horrible year 2011 has been for me. so Lil’Bit has been the sunshine to this year!!

02/06/11  07:39pm

Minya
View Profile

Message To: MisterKabob   In reference to Message Id: 2203530

Lil’Bit

what a sweet little baby. he looks a bit dehydrated and thin. make sure he gets in his pool a lot and he eats good. he can’t get to that heat source under your fogger water, right?

02/07/11  10:24am

Aspers
View Profile

Message To: Minya   In reference to Message Id: 2203595

Lil’Bit

just wundering but what do you use for uvb lighting

02/07/11  11:43am

K9
View Profile

Message To: Aspers   In reference to Message Id: 2203602

Lil’Bit

Lit’Bit is adorable!!! I know what you mean about how they bring sunshine into our lives.... If I had knows how wonderful a CWD was I would have adopted a house full by now!! I just live mine and look forward to every morning He/She wakes up. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures.

PS what brand of fogger unit did you get??

02/07/11  12:18pm

MisterKabob
View Profile

Message To: K9   In reference to Message Id: 2203605

Lil’Bit

haha thank you everyone! Lil’bit is eating well and was just playing in his pool and lapping up dew drops on the leaves and rocks! i have fed him 2 large crickets and a few mealies today, and he was very happy. both the crickets and mealworms were dusted with a calcium powder and a vitamins powder. he had a few crickets when i got him home as well. he went poop today & yesterday. the one yesterday was runny. but today it was firm, so he must be feeling better than when he was in the pet store! haha!

As for UVB i dont have one yet :/ but i will soon. im also building an outdoor enclosure that is about 68-70 gallons, so he can also soak up nautrual light as well.

And the Fogger unit is an Exo Terra, Ultrasonic Fog Generator. you place it underwater and it will create fog. here is a link to a pic of one
Link
the black "handle" looking thing, must be underwater for it to work.
but yeah. the Fogger works great!! i leave it off at night, then turn it on in the morning, i also spray the tank in the morning. the fogger runs through all the water i have by the time i get out of school, and as the water level goes down, the amount of fog does too.
and his tank gets sprayed 2 times a day to make sure he gets enough water.
i feed him when the fogger is off, haha he figured out the pattern really fast!! as soon as the fog turned off this after noon he went to the side of the tank and stared at the cricket container!!

He is a lot of fun! im really happy i got him!

02/07/11  08:10pm

MisterKabob
View Profile

Message To: MisterKabob   In reference to Message Id: 2203662

Lil’Bit

oh! and he can not get to the heater under the pond! haha, the UTH is the size of the pond, so its perfect! lol

02/07/11  08:13pm

Rokdog
View Profile

Message To: MisterKabob   In reference to Message Id: 2203663

Lil’Bit

I hope you’re also supplying some heat at night as CWD’s are not cold tolerant
temps below 75* degrees at night for
a young dragon and your asking for health issues

no lower than 70* degrees at night for a established dragon(over 20"’s Total Length)

UVB ASAP!!!!

02/07/11  08:52pm

MisterKabob
View Profile

Message To: Rokdog   In reference to Message Id: 2203667

Lil’Bit

My room is very warm at night and day. becasue i have 3 reptiles. they all have heating asortments. it keeps my room pretty warm, but i also have a Night bulb for the snake in my bro’s room, we dont use it at night, so i will take that at night and switch bulbs! thanks for letting me know!
i use to not have to worry about that, because of the UTH. but that is completely under the pond. he can go to the pond and sit in the warm water. but i will use the Night Bulb.

the Night bulb is NOT infa red. it is strictly for night time animals. not for alowing us to veiw them. It has a blue light to it. it does provide heat, i will read the box it came in to see if it says the temps.

and i WILL get the UVB lighting soon!! dont worry!!

02/07/11  09:13pm

Rokdog
View Profile

Message To: MisterKabob   In reference to Message Id: 2203679

Lil’Bit

get that UVB yet?.......

02/14/11  08:52pm

Rokdog
View Profile

Message To: Rokdog   In reference to Message Id: 2204981

Lil’Bit

you do realize that by not having a UVB light source a CWD/lizard
WILL have a compromised immune system and be MUCH more vulnerable
to health issues and parasitic infestation which WILL eventually
lead to their death and/or expensive$$$$ vet bills

02/15/11  08:41am

MisterKabob
View Profile

Message To: Rokdog   In reference to Message Id: 2205067

Lil’Bit

unforchinatly i do not have the money to get a UVB light sorce yet.
but Lil’Bit has been chillin outside with me lately in the sun, he didn’t today because it is rainny and cloudy. i am saving up to get one of the long UVB LS, that runs the length of the tank.

02/15/11  03:34pm

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: MisterKabob   In reference to Message Id: 2205129

Lil’Bit

He’s beautiful!! Such a sweet baby.
Babies are so fragile. If that little guy doesn’t get a decent amount of UV soon he wont be able to digest his food

Hey! Maybe someone loan you the money? Please try x

TD.x.

02/15/11  06:53pm

MisterKabob
View Profile

Message To: TwilightDreamer1979   In reference to Message Id: 2205167

Lil’Bit

oh dear!!! i will definatly get it as soon as possible!! hopefully ill get some money this weekend or next :O but i let him be hanging out side today, because the sun finally shone through the little bitty clouds :D haha Lil’Bit was very happy!

02/15/11  07:13pm

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area