Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons Forum

Justv610   Minya   Justv610   Minya   K9   Justv610   Minya  
 Member  Message

Justv610
View Profile

Guess what. Once again...

Ive decided that I am going to rip my viv apart. Possibly move it down stairs to make cleaning more convenient. My solar glo bulb has burned out for the second time (4months use), and they never sent me a replacement...(warranty). Therefore, the plants have died, and my water dragon is not happy. I ordered a new one. I also picked up "great stuff" foam spray and decided to take some of the tiles out and create a false rock wall, as well as taking the container with plants out, and making it a false rock bottom with areas of dirt/plants. I will probably coat the foam with grout, or coconut fiber which will help with Humidity I hope. My little one doesn’t seem too happy at me. I have been extremely busy. I am going to change that though. Salem has become extremely picky with foods. Barely eats the fuzzies I stockpiled on, and still will not touch a superworm. Loves nightcrawlers though which has been my main food for her as well as crickets here and there. Still eats the rosies as well. Anyway, I will update this with photos eventually. I am working alot 6 days a week and have school, so I do not have much time. I will do what I can.

Hope all is well.!

01/18/11  06:40am

Minya
View Profile

Message To: Justv610   In reference to Message Id: 2199114

that’s a shame about your bulbs. is little one okay? i think most people use grout to coat the foam. are you having humidity issues? i hope your deworming your rosies before you feed.

01/18/11  07:41am

Justv610
View Profile

Message To: Minya   In reference to Message Id: 2199119

I always have bulb issues. Zilla 100 watt night black heat bulbs. Went though about 12 of them in 5 months. The blow out all the time, idk why. They sent me 6 for free because of the issue, but these ones blew out even faster. Salem is ok, actually sitting right next to me right now.

I really like the look of this and plan to do something similar and make different levels that my wd can climb on. Im also gonna do this on the base and add plants, and a spot for a water dish and what not. I will bring back my fountain that I had in there, only the top two sections because the bottom was the one that leaked, and if it happens to leak again, I am taking that into consideration and making it completely waterproof with rubber/silicone.

I have noticed my water dragon hasn’t shed for quite a while. Im gonna give her a few baths with some olive oil and see if that helps!

01/18/11  05:30pm

Minya
View Profile

Message To: Justv610   In reference to Message Id: 2199255

it sounds like you may have electrical issues with your bulbs burning out like that. or, your getting them wet somehow and that’s making them blow.

how long since the last shed? rosies are full of parasites.

01/19/11  08:27am

K9
View Profile

Message To: Minya   In reference to Message Id: 2199380

This sounds like a very nice setup that you will be making. I am interested to learn more about the spray foam to make rock type walls. What exactly is it so that I know what I would be looking for at the store.

01/19/11  09:53am

Justv610
View Profile

Message To: K9   In reference to Message Id: 2199386

Its called Great Stuff expanding foam. It is used for insulating holes and weatherproofing them.

Minya, its been a while since I have fed salem rosies. Ive never had a problem with them from the place I get them from. Also, there is no electrical problem that I am aware of. Its just a typical 120v outlet. Plus, Im an electrician by trade.

01/19/11  04:36pm

Minya
View Profile

Message To: Justv610   In reference to Message Id: 2199491

i see. what is your humidity level? do you have your lights on a power strip?

01/20/11  10:34am

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area