Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons Forum

Tweeter65   TwilightDreamer1979   TwilightDreamer1979   Babigirl_70   Rich_UK   K2   TwilightDreamer1979   Thomarob   TwilightDreamer1979   Choksmok   TwilightDreamer1979   Blue eyes   TwilightDreamer1979   Thomarob   Vira  
 Member  Message

Tweeter65
View Profile

Anyone want a free dragon?

Hi, I have a sick water dragon, he is about 16 inches right now. He was very healthy for about 5 months since i bought him, now he has been sick for the past 2 months, ive tried everything and he wont get healthy. He is not real skinny, I have to force feed him every day with chicken baby food. But I would rather have someone more experienced try to care for him. Ill give him up to anyone interested. Just have to pay for the shipping charge, around 15 dollars. Email me at shaun2345@hotmail.com if interested.

08/19/04  11:01pm
Sorry, No Replies

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: Tweeter65   In reference to Message Id: 124088

Shipping a sick Water Dragon will most probably kill it. It’s a stressful experience for a healthy WD.

I’m sorry your WD isn’t eating - have you been to the vets? What did they say is wrong??

If you explain to us what is wrong with your WD we might be able to help you nurse him/her back to health - are you able to post pictures pr your WD and tank??? There might be a simple problem you’ve overlooked.

TD.x.

08/20/04  6:49am
Sorry, No Replies

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: TwilightDreamer1979   In reference to Message Id: 124268

hmmmmm... shame :o(

08/23/04  11:54am
Sorry, No Replies

Babigirl_70
View Profile

I agree. There has got to be something that you can do, because shipping him somewhere will only make the situation worse. It could possibly even kill him. Have you taken him to a vet? That would be the best thing to do. Have you read Tricia’s page? If not, I would recommend that you do. It has TONS of information on there, and could be very helpful to you and your little one. Please don’t give up on him. He deserves a chance. :( Here is the link to Tricia’s page incase you don’t have it.

http://www.icomm.ca/dragon/

-Natalie & Blaze man

08/23/04  2:42pm
Sorry, No Replies

Rich_UK
View Profile

Message To: Babigirl_70   In reference to Message Id: 126656

correct me if im wrong but when you say ship, do you mean parcel up a living animal and post it like you’d post anything else in the mail?

i hope not!

08/23/04  7:19pm
Sorry, No Replies

K2
View Profile

i have an experience with a couple different water dragons in an unhealthy state. One I got to come back and start to eat again the other refused food and died. I would love to try to help. email me and we will get this one back on track hopefully.
Jamie

08/30/04  4:01am
Sorry, No Replies

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: K2   In reference to Message Id: 132042

This person posted this ages ago I was hoping that they’d come back .. doesn’t look like they have :(

TD.x.

08/30/04  8:02am
Sorry, No Replies

Thomarob
View Profile

Message To: TwilightDreamer1979   In reference to Message Id: 132071

i emailed him and he emailed back twice. i keep emailing him but he wont email back. i told him that i will take the dragon aand i asked how much for shipping, but he hasnt emailed me back. i have one dragon, i want another. i was hoping that if his dragon saw my dragon eating, then his dragon would eat too. well that hope is lost unless he emails me back

08/31/04  5:56pm
Sorry, No Replies

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: Thomarob   In reference to Message Id: 133239

Thomarob If that dragon is shipped in that condition it will die.

The stress will be to much. I strongly urge you not get that dragon shipped over here. You’d be beter off spending your money on a healthy dragon. Come down to Essex, I’ll take you to 4 different shops that are selling WD’s at the mo. It fact my local has just had some WD dumped on them - babies through to sub adults! one of the males is pretty much an adult already even though it’s only 20 months old, he’s way bigger than Killer.

TD.x.

08/31/04  6:39pm
Sorry, No Replies

Choksmok
View Profile

I would love to try to help your little guy out. I have had a couple of them get real sick and got them healthy again. let me know if I can. You can ship him to me.
Jamie@thirdcoastkitesurfing.com

08/31/04  8:15pm
Sorry, No Replies

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: Choksmok   In reference to Message Id: 133380

OK I’ll post this again.

This person hasn’t posted (To my knowledge) since the original post. So I don’t think he’s intereste din helping his WD or at the very least take our advice.

and I’ll post this again too...

If that WD is shipped in that condition IT WILL KILL IT. if it doesn’t die intransit it will die soon after. Shipping any animal isn’t a great idea, let alone an amimal prone to stress in a serious condition.

TD.x.

08/31/04  8:24pm
Sorry, No Replies

Blue eyes
View Profile

Message To: TwilightDreamer1979   In reference to Message Id: 133385

I’m not sure why people in this forum think shipping an animal is so terrible. I totally agree shipping a sickly animal is wrong but shipping a healthy animal is totally safe if you know what you’re doing. They are packed in insulated boxes, inside of a bag or cup which is packed tightly with paper so the animal is not jostled around. They have heat or cool packs if necessary and are usually only in the box 14-15 hours. Just thought I would add some info on this for those of you who seem to think shipping is a bad idea. Again I do agree a sick animal should NEVER be shipped. I will also add in regards to the person who posted this, they said shipping would run $15 and that isn’t even close to accurate so they obviously have never shipped an animal and I would not have an animal shipped to me from someone who doesn’t know how or have legal permission.

08/31/04  9:30pm
Sorry, No Replies

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: Blue   In reference to Message Id: 133445

BlueEyes

I only don’t agree with is after I saw the state of a beardie after it had been shipped from the states - it was almost black in colour and wouldn’t eat for 5 days .. I didn’t see what it was packed in so i don’t know if it was shipped/packed correctly but it wasn’t good. :(

TD.x.

09/01/04  4:07pm
Sorry, No Replies

Thomarob
View Profile

Message To: TwilightDreamer1979   In reference to Message Id: 133945

i am not going to get the dragon, not only b/c he hsant emailed me, but b/c the dragon is sick. even though he is 2 states away, im not going to get it.

09/01/04  4:12pm
Sorry, No Replies

Vira
View Profile

Message To: Thomarob   In reference to Message Id: 133949

i bought my wd online and it was shipped to me quite nicley....i got mine straight from the place were all the petstores get their reptiles and the wd came just fine so im guessing shipping a heatly wd is safe considering

09/04/04  12:01pm
Sorry, No Replies

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area