Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons-Breeding Forum

Griffo   Rokdog   Raf  
 Member  Message

Griffo
View Profile

My water dragon has eggs what do i do?

Hiya, my aisan water dragon has eggs she has mated with a chinese water dragon cant wait to see the coulors what i was wondering was what do i do when she lays them????? do i take the eggs out straight away or do i leave them in there for a few weeks ive never experienced this befor im so confused on what to do i no u have to incubate them but im not sure how to any tips and advise would be much greatfull thankyou xx

07/19/11  09:47am

Rokdog
View Profile

Message To: Griffo   In reference to Message Id: 2229702

Asian & Chinese water dragons are the same species...
Australian Water Dragons are a different species and they can not reproduce fertile eggs
if mated with a Asian/Chinese water dragon.....
So your eggs will likely shrivel up as they are infertile.....

07/24/11  07:38pm

Raf
View Profile

Message To: Rokdog   In reference to Message Id: 2230376

hi roc. with what u were sayin about the aussy wd...can they not cross breed? how about live together peacefully?

we’ve got a cwd but there’s an awd in the pet store thats been there for near on a year now. we wanna buy her as she doesn’t look too happy in the tiny viv they’ve got her in.

it was a toss up between the two origianlly and we went for the cwd because he was younger...but now we feel really bad and every time we pick up crickets she’s still just sitting in her pool where she always is.

we’re probably gonna get her anyway but its gonna really push us for space to build 2 6x4 foot vivs when they’re bigger. so whould be ideal for them to be together.

what do you think?

raf

09/26/11  10:43am

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area