Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons-Breeding Forum

Saf   Saf   Clouddancer22  
 Member  Message

Saf
View Profile

Laying Eggs... help!

Hey guys,
havent been on here in a long long time! Just in need of a bit of advise, my water dragon Jollop is about to lay eggs i think.. shes 8 year old and this will be her first time, they wont b fertile as i have to females but shes not very happy about where to lay them, i have a big dish in there, which has about 4insh of damp mud but shes dug all this out and flung it everywhere and seems to be trying to get under nether the mud, shes gone very dark and doesn’t seem very happy, im trying to get her to the vet asap, i have her booked in for Thursday but hopefully mums gunna try get her their earlier (i am a teacher and cant get out of work during the day) but until then what should i be doing? My other dragon, Roxy, laid her eggs on top of the dish and left them, she didnt dig around and have the fuss Jollops having (however unlike Roxy, Jollop is a bit of a stressed head..) i am going to get her a bigger tub, something which is about 8-10 insh deep? but shes still just chucking it all out, so i didnt know whether to put a lid on it with a big hole so she can tunnel in because it seems like thats what she wants to do?
Any advise would be gr8, shes still eatting well, im giving her calcium every other day, but not to much coz i dont want to OD her on it. Shes also eatting picks/worms/locusts but she is very dark and looking a bit stressed.
Thanks alot

Saf, Jollop and Roxy xx x

12/13/09  07:07am

Saf
View Profile

Message To: Saf   In reference to Message Id: 2104369

Laying Eggs... help!

Panic over.. shes laid them :) got her a deeper dish and ive just came in now and shes covering them over. She looks very tired and dark but i imagine pushing out eggs is hard work :)

Saf xx

12/13/09  11:39am

Clouddancer22
View Profile

Message To: Saf   In reference to Message Id: 2104418

Laying Eggs... help!

Aw, sorry I am so late in replying. Good to hear that she laid! I was going to tell you that they like at least 6" in depth, and that the substrate needs to be moist enough to hold a hole, not wet. I use Eco-earth or Bed-a-Beast - it comes in blocks and you add water.

Also, when they are gravid, fertile or not, you need to be giving extra calcium. I use liquid calcium glucionate (sp?) 2 drops per 100g 2 x weekly while gravid, and just laid.

12/17/09  11:29am

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area