Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons-Breeding Forum

Daisy may   Tomey   Daisy may  
 Member  Message

Daisy may
View Profile

Help, pleeeeeease!

hi, hope someone can help before its too late! got a female water dragon whos gone and got herself pregnant. I can see the eggs in her belly and they are about the size and hardness of a jelly bean, ive put a box in the viv with eco earth in, but shes not laid. im worried as she hasnt eaten for a few days and is very tired, sleeping most of the day and night. i have now separated her from the male as i thaught she might need some space from him, but still no eggs. i have no idea how long shes been graid for, but im very concerned for her as im afraid shes going to get egg bound and die. this is the first lot of eggs shes had as she is only about 2 years old.
hope someone can help me please.

03/10/09  11:44am

Tomey
View Profile

Message To: Daisy may   In reference to Message Id: 1966077

Help, pleeeeeease!

hi there daisy
ive just gone through the same trauma myself. with the eco earth make sure it is 7-9inch’s deep other ppl say it needs to be more but ive had success with these figures. and make sure its moist not soaking wet just moist. it should be moist enough to clump together in your hand if you squeeze it gently. i used 2 bricks of Eco earth with 5 liters of water. how long do you suspect that she has been gravid for? if its been a while you should take her to the vet as this can cause her to be egg bound. they generally wont eat when gravid because the eggs rest on the digestive system. oh and make sure you put a hide in the box with her, just a piece of cork bark will do so if she needs to feel secure she can retreat to there. i would give it another day or so and if still no results take her to your nearest herp vet. I’m guessing he might give her something to start her off. hope this helps. good luck and keep me updated. if she does start laying dont disturb her just let her get on with it and check her the next day. if you do get eggs this website will tell you all you need to know about incubation. www.triciaswaterdragon.com
hope ive helped
paul

03/13/09  09:07am

Daisy may
View Profile

Message To: Tomey   In reference to Message Id: 1967803

Help, pleeeeeease!

hi tomey, thanks for the advice but she past away the day after i posted the message, i took her to the vets but she said she was just too small for the amount of eggs she had.

03/18/09  01:12pm

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area