Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons-Breeding Forum

Ferg1   Lair Of Dragons   Finners   Finners   Shannonb   Finners  
 Member  Message

Ferg1
View Profile

How do you know if she is preggers????

i was told my wd could be preggers but i cant be sure.So how do we know?????i put a lay box in just in case....

do you guys know?????i dont think she is bloated coz she hasnt been eating alot.

06/09/07  08:45am

Lair Of Dragons
View Profile

Message To: Ferg1   In reference to Message Id: 1311364

It will look like she swallowed a bunch of grapes...she should stop eating and may even start digging at the bottom of the cage and run the glass constnatly...if you have her in with others its usually a good idea to take the others out of the tank...not her shes use to the surroundings.

06/12/07  07:06pm

Finners
View Profile

Message To: Lair Of Dragons   In reference to Message Id: 1316098

You donít have to remove other dragons unless they are really getting in the way...which is rare with water dragons. Water dragons stay up in the trees while the other dragon will lay their eggs on the ground. My dragons lay their eggs without any problems and I dont remove either of them at any time.

06/13/07  10:17pm

Finners
View Profile

Message To: Finners   In reference to Message Id: 1317653

hmm..just re-reading my post. It seems confusing..iím trying to say, usually water dragons like to stay higher up in the enclosure, so when a dragon needs to lay eggs, the other dragons wonít be in the way...as most likely the lay box is on the ground. I really donít know of many people who will seperate the dragons before they lay.

06/14/07  01:03pm

Shannonb
View Profile

Message To: Lair Of Dragons   In reference to Message Id: 1316098

Hello,

I am a new member...starting today actually. I have 2 chinese water dragons, Ducky and Spike. I was unaware that Spike was actually a Spikette and She layed about 8 eggs....They were in the water and my vet said they were probably no good. I threw the first 6 eggs out and she layed 2 more last night. I have taken them out and buried them in the prepackaged bark/wood chips. I donít know if Ducky is male or female. What should or could I do with the eggs??? I really need some guidance please :)

Thanks,
Shannon b

06/18/07  04:04pm

Finners
View Profile

Message To: Shannonb   In reference to Message Id: 1323481

Shannon...You really need to start a new post, not post on someone elseís post, and I would suggest you start a new one on the regular water dragon forum. Hardly anybody comes to this one.

I can tell you right now that the 2 eggs that you have buried in prepackaged wood chips will not survive. I have never incuabed eggs as I have 2 females water dragons, but I do know they can not be incubated in wood chips. You have to incubate them a certain way if you want them to actually hatch....but if you have 2 female dragons, you donít have to incuabet them because the eggs will be infertile. If you can post pics of your two dragons on the regular water dragon forum then we could sex them for you. Males have large crest, big jowls and long spikes...females do not.

Here is a pic of my two female water dragons so you can get an idea of what a female looks like. You could probalby look through the pics in the regular water dragon one to get an idea of what different sexes look like.

06/19/07  12:24pm

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area