Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons-Breeding Forum

Waterdrago   Finners   Waterdrago   Waterdrago   Clouddancer22  
 Member  Message

Waterdrago
View Profile

Emrald egg laying

umm. my female i think is 19 inchs and hasnt produced any egggs and she does hav a male wiv her jus wondering wen do they lay their eggs i hav put soil dwn 4 er but she doesnt seem intrested. i cant recall the last time she ate so thats worrying i think 1 or 2 weeks ago i really need help and advise.ty

05/07/07  02:50pm

Finners
View Profile

Message To: Waterdrago   In reference to Message Id: 1273261

Emrald egg laying

She could possibly be gravid at 19 inches, but then again she might not. They can lay their eggs at any time usually between November-ish to June-ish. Just make sure she has the soil like you said thats moist enough for her to dig into. Is she digging at all? have you made sure there isnít any other possiblites why she might not be eating? Does she look gravid?? (fat in the tummy area but getting leaner everywhere else.)

05/15/07  07:37pm

Waterdrago
View Profile

Message To: Finners   In reference to Message Id: 1282677

Emrald egg laying

ahh she started eating again and i cant find any eggs in her cage and she was big around the tummy ty finners for the replie

05/17/07  02:56am

Waterdrago
View Profile

Message To: Waterdrago   In reference to Message Id: 1284194

Emrald egg laying

Mr Drago here the lizards look fine just my son being impatient i think lol. Anyway the male is doing a ot of displaying last couple of days and arm waving so hoping its a courtship ritual . Fingers crossed, they have plenty of water (sunken bath type) and a place to dig though only small area and a nice size tank so think its only a matter of time.

09/07/07  02:21am

Clouddancer22
View Profile

Message To: Waterdrago   In reference to Message Id: 1434580

Emrald egg laying

If your viv is too small for them, say 2í tall, then that sounds like territorial behavior to me. A bigger viv should solve the problem.

09/07/07  06:22pm

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area