Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons-Breeding Forum

Ilarana   Finners   Zebra84   Diesel123  
 Member  Message

Ilarana
View Profile

Is there such a thing as too big for an enclosure?

i have not had my wd for long (not even a week yet) but me and my husband have a lot of reptile experience and got a wd specificaly with breeding in mind, becuase they are rather rare in our area and very docile (ísides that who could resist an adorable wd??) we are making plans to almost rehab over half of our large bedroom to make a suitable enclosure, but its going to be really really large- so is there such a thing as too big?? i mean we do plan on having at least 2 females and one male for it but i dont want them to go wild on me or anything lol cus i do have a one year old (who likes our lizard i think more than us he just sits in front of the tank and talks to Draco - sometimes for over an hour!!) and i cant have a lizard that is going to whip or bite my son......

04/17/07  02:55am

Finners
View Profile

Message To: Ilarana   In reference to Message Id: 1249726

Is there such a thing as too big for an enclosure?

I donít think there is such a thing as too big. The bigger the better in my opinion.

04/20/07  05:54pm

Zebra84
View Profile

Message To: Finners   In reference to Message Id: 1253671

Is there such a thing as to big for an enclosure?

there is a such as to big enclosure if is to big then your wd will have trouble feeding and catching crickets if you let them roam the cage free if this happens then your wd will stop eating
i have a friend that lost his water dragon because of this

03/22/09  06:45pm

Diesel123
View Profile

Message To: Zebra84   In reference to Message Id: 1972894

Is there such a thing as to big for an enclosure?

maybe you could have a small vivarium for feeding times if your worried about them not eating. there is hardly an epidemic in the wild where water dragons are dying of starvation because they have too much space! as long as you make sure there are feeding dishes in the large enclosure for things like giant mealworms that they cant climb out of, u should be ok. crickets can roam around, but they do like to hide, so i tend to chuck live insects in the sight path of the dragon. mice are also good once or twice a week, because they are easier for a waterdragon to spot. whaty substrate will you be using?

04/26/09  06:20am

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area