Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons-Breeding Forum

Syddysmom   Profile   Syddysmom   Waterdrago  
 Member  Message

Syddysmom
View Profile

How long does this take??

Hi.. My Harriett (CWD)has been digging for 2 days now. Iím just wondering how long I should let this go on before I get her to a vet. Iíve lost a dragon to being egg bound and I WILL NOT lose this one. So my question is how long does the egg laying process take?

I had a lay box in her viv but she hasnít been digging in that so I took it out and made the soil where she has been digging deeper.

I am just very concerned. Sheís my girl, I donít want to lose her.

Hereís Harriett (Donít mind the dirty water, she had been digging then went swimming)

04/04/07  01:21pm

View Profile

Message To: Syddysmom   In reference to Message Id: 1233636

HI

I keep water dragons about 10 years ago and have just got back into them, I picked up a breeding group of 4, one male 3 females, I have just been greeted by my first batch of eggs tonight, My dragons was digging about for 5 days before she lay her eggs, On another note i made up a lay box and placed it in the viv but she did not seem interested in it, until a breeder told me to start a burrow off and show the dragons snout to the started burrow, this worked for me with hours she started to dig around in the lay box.

Link

Feel free to have a look in my gallery i am uploading some images now.

04/05/07  03:57pm

Syddysmom
View Profile

Message To: Profile   In reference to Message Id: 1235212

Handsome male and some very pretty females you got there. Iíll think about breeding maybe next year. For right now I donít want to over do it. lol.

Thanks for your help..

~~Mandi

04/05/07  05:17pm

Waterdrago
View Profile

Message To: Syddysmom   In reference to Message Id: 1235320

wat do u mean by a burrow could u take a pic of yours im a bit slow lol.bcause i have 3 dragons and 1 of them is a female and the ova is a male and the male is 17 1/2 inch and the female is 18 1/2 so i put some soil dwn for her but she doesnt seem bothered any help.and is it mating season i might hav it wrong lol.ty

05/06/07  01:21pm

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area