Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons-Breeding Forum

AW love da iggys   Morquinn   Finners   AW love da iggys  
 Member  Message

AW love da iggys
View Profile

Why hasnt she laid any eggs?

hey guys im usually on the normal dragon forum, but figured this would be the place to go with this question,, i have a female dragon, at least 2 years old, i think more like three, possibly closer to 4 (Lol) because i got her when she was almost the same size as my 1 year old male( at the time).. any who, the tank set up is perfect, they get fed like little pigs, she eats great, looks wonderful ( and fat). my question is, why hasnt she laid eggs yet? i know shes big enough, and shes definately healthy.. my male only hit puberty last spring aka chasing her around and humping her leg, so maybe sheíll start this year? iv noticed that my maleís dewlap is getting bright red this past week, so iím figuring heís getting in the mood.. iím putting a lay box in as soon as i get dirt this weekend, but is it really breeding season yet? or am i jumping the gun? also, if i manage to get eggs this year, im hoping to keep 3 or 4 to try to hatch out.. what kind of heat and humidity do eggs need? and can i section off the part of the cage the lay box is in, and leave them in the lay box, or do i have to move them to an incubator? thanks!

11/14/06  08:31pm

Morquinn
View Profile

Message To: AW love da iggys   In reference to Message Id: 1060943

By all means keep a laybox in there at all times, specially past the point of when a female reaches 18"+.. my girl is probably around 2.5-3 years old and at 21" she hasnt laid eggs yet, some just dont for awhile is what I heard

11/15/06  06:40pm

Finners
View Profile

Message To: Morquinn   In reference to Message Id: 1061866

Stormie is 3 years old and hasnít laid yet either. So I guess it depends on the dragon. My other dragon, who has had occaional health problems has laid 4 clutches now in total and started last year and she is almost 3 years old.

11/15/06  09:30pm

AW love da iggys
View Profile

Message To: Finners   In reference to Message Id: 1062134

darn picky dragons,,lol i have to go buy dirt for my iguanas lay box, i might as well get herís set up too.. if i donít hurry with the iguanas, shes gonna dig right through the bottom of her cage

11/18/06  08:47pm

Back to Water Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area