Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Venomous Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

ReptileGOD   Kelso reptiles   ReptileGOD   Kelso reptiles   ReptileGOD   Kelso reptiles   Kelso reptiles   ReptileGOD  

Member  Message

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Moccasin

I caught a cottonmouth near my house and spotted several others along with bullfrogs wired looking birds and a young gator in my pond what’s going in!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

06/03/14  02:05pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2305492

Moccasin

well seeing as you have a pond that would explain everything... a pond is a perfect ecosystem for all of the above animals. water attract nearly all if not all animals, mice being included which will bring the cotton mouths in along with the fish in the pond, and the fish will also bring the birds, the gator because of the fish too and also the fact of the water, and the bull frogs due to the water and being able to lay eggs and breed and eat all the insects it can find.

06/16/14  10:48pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2305714

Moccasin

But what snakes will I find in the pond

06/17/14  10:10am

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2305729

Moccasin

well your profile say you live in Florida, you can find water snakes, depending on where you live you can find crayfish snakes, mud snakes, rainbow snake, cotton mouths, again depending on where you live copperheads up north, garter snakes, and well many other snakes due to the water.
i advise you to keep researching, just read read read, learn as much as you possibly can each day about reptiles, mostly reptiles around your area, but also in other countries too if you really love reptiles.

06/17/14  03:47pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2305748

Moccasin

Oh and how could I capture one if these safely

06/17/14  03:52pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2305749

Moccasin

i would just leave them alone, watch and photograph them. animals are meant to be kept in the wild not captured, yes we all grew up trying to but once you grow up you will learn its better for them to stay in the wild, thats where they belong.
i also posted to your post in the gecko forum.

06/17/14  04:14pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2305755

Moccasin

what i can say is go to the nearest library, either in town or school, and check out as many reptile books as you can, read... yes read every single one, and once you have read them read them again, go on the internet search reptile knowledge, reptiles anything to do with them and read it, always read about them, keep absorbing the knowledge and soon it will turn to a passion .... i have been keeping reptiles and catching, rescuing, and learning about reptiles for 18 years, i do it every day of my life, but i still learn new things every day. but i love it.

06/17/14  04:20pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2305756

Moccasin

PM me i gots to know!!!!!!!!!!!!

06/17/14  05:08pm

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area