Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Venomous Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kelso reptiles   JEFF QUARLES   Ublaz   Jaydsr2887   Kelso reptiles   Jaydsr2887  

Member  Message

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Why is it illegal

i posted this in the herping forum but Ive been visiting it lately and its pretty dead, so i posted this in a few different forums to try and find an answer. i was wondering why is it illegal to catch INVASIVE species of reptiles in California, wouldn’t it be better to take them out of the wild, i mean i know its not going to make a impact taking one or two invasive species out of the wild but still wouldn’t that be better then just letting them keep multiplying. that’s what happened to the pythons in the everglades, unfortunately i pretty well know like others that were not going to eradicate the pythons their here to stay now.
I’m just wondering. thanks
i posted this in this forum cause i know Jeff knows allot about herping rules.

03/30/13  05:07pm

JEFF QUARLES
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2294649

Why is it illegal

It is crazy and the answer is crazy too. They think if there is a hobby out there of collecting exotics, then there will be folks letting more go to support their hobby. They are affraid of starting colony’s of invasive species if it’s allowed to catch them. Crazy huh.

03/31/13  02:21pm

Ublaz
View Profile

Message To: JEFF QUARLES   In reference to Message Id: 2294705

Why is it illegal

crazy and pointless

04/01/13  11:04am

Jaydsr2887
View Profile

Message To: Ublaz   In reference to Message Id: 2294782

Why is it illegal

what invasives are in cali?

12/11/13  06:07pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Jaydsr2887   In reference to Message Id: 2302646

Why is it illegal

well all over Cali theirs invasive house geckos.... in LA theirs a population of breeding anoles in a park which i just read about.... i cant remember where but theirs a population of Italian wall lizards in a small community in southern California, their invasive bull frogs and tiger salamanders. theirs a population of invasive water snakes also in southern Cali.. and also Morrish wall geckos in riverside. their has also been reports of monitors and iguanas and boas found in southern Cali not breeding but reports have been found.

12/18/13  08:47pm

Jaydsr2887
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2302732

Why is it illegal

I know in florida and other states it is legal to catch invasive speicies and you can keep them as pets but if you catch them it is one hell of a fine if you release them back...... you either keep them as pets or call the local animal control....

01/10/14  05:53am

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area