Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Venomous Snakes Forum

Deadvenom-x   Freds his name   SoLA   Deadvenom-x   SoLA   Deadvenom-x   SoLA   Deadvenom-x   SoLA   Deadvenom-x  
 Member  Message

Deadvenom-x
View Profile

4 Little Monsters...

They cause trouble wherever they go :p

Well, 2 do!

Just a few photos I took this morning....

8’ Female gigas sitting in what was her nest box. I had/have a feeling she may have another clutch brewing but she is just to darn big to really tell. Her last clutch only had 2 good eggs due to hatch April 6th.

The male gigas...only about 5-6’ maybe? very well tempered compared to the female. I can actually pet him without being lunch and running away like a chicken :p ( I do get chased by the female on occasion LOL)

Azrael, female B. cyanea, 4.5-5’ or so

Blitzkrieg, male B. d. melanota, goofy photo, the water drop makes him looks like he has a beak. pushing 5’

03/25/11  03:48pm

Freds his name
View Profile

Message To: Deadvenom-x   In reference to Message Id: 2211439

4 Little Monsters...

are the top ones false water cobras?

04/27/11  11:34pm

SoLA
View Profile

Message To: Freds his name   In reference to Message Id: 2216279

4 Little Monsters...

Very sharp group you have there. I think you need some mussuranas and you can change your name from Deadvenom-x to Opisthoglyphous-king : )

04/28/11  07:49pm

Deadvenom-x
View Profile

Message To: SoLA   In reference to Message Id: 2216415

4 Little Monsters...

Lol! Maybe Queen? :P I just picked up this girly yesterday along with a CB Green Tree Monitor and a Satanic Leaftail Gecko . I wish I never gave away my male nasuta!!

A. nasuta

05/02/11  06:51am

SoLA
View Profile

Message To: Deadvenom-x   In reference to Message Id: 2216882

4 Little Monsters...

Yes, Opistoglyphous-queen. Sorry, I forgot. Funny thing is, people confuse me for female all the time on here because my acronym ends in "A."

Enjoy the Ahaetulla. Looks good. I have never worked with them, but I spent a long time trying to get an Oxybelis switched to f/t rodents and they certainly fine tune your skills of being still. I was able to get it to hold on for upwards of 20 minutes, but never fully eat the meals. The acute vision vine snakes don’t tend to let you rewrite their rules lol.

Yep, I think its time for you to include mussuranas...the BP forum always enjoys these photos : )

05/02/11  09:04am

Deadvenom-x
View Profile

Message To: SoLA   In reference to Message Id: 2216890

4 Little Monsters...

Nice!
I think I would have to see a Mussurana in person first. They dont appeal to me to much photo-wise.

As for rodents...never going to even attempt it with her. I find Ahaetulla to be visual hunters rather than scent. Also, if they are so set on lizards, why give them fatty rodents if its just going to potentially deter their health. Only time I have used rodents with them was to fatten up my male when I first got it by train feeding a mouse pinkie after eating a house gecko. As with the BP photo...it’s the circle of life to me. I have fed off stillborn boas and what not to my False Water Cobras...and I love boas :P Im not going to bury them or whatever if they have a use or something.

05/02/11  12:23pm

SoLA
View Profile

Message To: Deadvenom-x   In reference to Message Id: 2216939

4 Little Monsters...

This is a young one, but they are just another big black snake. It is more the personality of them than the look (though there are a lot of people who like solid black snakes that get decent size).

That’s what I meant with the Ahaetulla and Oxybellis was how they teach you to stay still because they are so visually cued in. The only issue with lizards in the availability of CB small lizards at a good cost. The Oxybellis example I used was not so much to focus on the rodent part as the f/t part. I had just as much of a challenge trying to get them to take f/t lizards. It sounds like your Ahaetulla did better for you.

But the mussuranas are too dull....So maybe Philodryas is more your style then...or perhaps Trimorphodon, and for the hell of it, Coniophanes to maintain your Opistoglyphous-queen status : )

05/02/11  04:13pm

Deadvenom-x
View Profile

Message To: SoLA   In reference to Message Id: 2216982

4 Little Monsters...

Honestly, Philodryas dont cut it for me :P I like the Trimorphodon! I like Imantodes and Telescopus alot. :) I managed to get my Ahaetulla male to take a F/T Gecko....took a bit of convincing though

05/02/11  09:13pm

SoLA
View Profile

Message To: Deadvenom-x   In reference to Message Id: 2217054

4 Little Monsters...

Congrats on the f/t gecko. You find CB Imantodes and you have yourself a kidney if you ever happen to need one : )

I bet you would like Xenodon, but I don’t know anyone working with those either.

05/03/11  01:55am

Deadvenom-x
View Profile

Message To: SoLA   In reference to Message Id: 2217090

4 Little Monsters...

I know i would love Pseudoxenodon :)

On a side note....found a male nasuta

female

05/06/11  09:58pm

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area