Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Venomous Snakes Forum

ThesaurusRex   Snake109   ThesaurusRex   JEFF QUARLES   Gerbil5   Chondroaddict  
 Member  Message

ThesaurusRex
View Profile

Why do you do it?

I’ve always wondered why someone would keep a venomous snake as a pet. Now I’m fine with snakes, I think they’re beautiful and the nonvenomous ones make nice pets, but why do you keep something that can kill you in one bite?

12/22/10  08:22pm

Snake109
View Profile

Message To: ThesaurusRex   In reference to Message Id: 2193883

Why do you do it?

Personal interests

Many people have pets that are deadly and are not venomous at all. There are several people killed yearly from exotic and domestic animals. Most of them due to lack of knowledge, poor treatment and care of the animal, and making careless mistakes while handling the animal. You read about pit bulls, tigers,bears attacking there owner all the time. You don’t hear a lot about venomous snakes attacking there owners, and almost never hear of a death due to a bit. Most bits are due to careless and complacencies while handling.

12/24/10  11:43pm

ThesaurusRex
View Profile

Message To: Snake109   In reference to Message Id: 2194336

Why do you do it?

Well, I guess I have to respect that...but still, it seems like a ticking time bomb to have one. Obviously they carry around antivenin, right?

12/25/10  01:33am

JEFF QUARLES
View Profile

Message To: ThesaurusRex   In reference to Message Id: 2194339

Why do you do it?

Jumping from an air plane is also a ticking time bomb but if you don’t have a passion and follow it - YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD ANYWAY.

12/30/10  05:47pm

Gerbil5
View Profile

Message To: ThesaurusRex   In reference to Message Id: 2193883

Why do you do it?

Well, the fact is reptiles can be an addiction. Obtaining a venomous snake is like trying a new, more powerful drug. And aside from that, venomous snakes are awesome! The sad thing is, too many people think they have a special connection with their snake, and trust them to the point where they give their snake the opportunity to bite and kill them.

01/04/11  01:19pm

Chondroaddict
View Profile

Message To: Gerbil5   In reference to Message Id: 2196268

Why do you do it?

Although i don’t have any hots I understand why others have them. Some of the best-looking snakes in my opinion are the vipers and if you are attracted to one you’d like to own it whether it’s venomous or not.

04/07/11  12:35pm

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area