Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Venomous Snakes Forum

Wacko Jacko   Wacko Jacko   Chris H   Papi   Papi  
 Member  Message

Wacko Jacko
View Profile

First Caught

I caught my first venomous snake along with my first collared lizard!!!
I might be able to put pics later
and some advice catching them please

07/16/10  03:04pm

Wacko Jacko
View Profile

Message To: Wacko Jacko   In reference to Message Id: 2162984

First Caught

I forgot to say it was a copperhead

07/16/10  03:04pm

Chris H
View Profile

Message To: Wacko Jacko   In reference to Message Id: 2162985

First Caught

Congrats but if you have to ask how to catch a snake then you shouldnt have caught the copperhead. I think you need to get some experience under your belt before you start attempting venomous.

07/26/10  01:41pm

Papi
View Profile

Message To: Chris H   In reference to Message Id: 2165126

First Caught

I totally agree with Chris you have to know what your doing when working with venomous it’s not at all like playing with a ball python. We also are not telling you this to discourage you about working with them, we just know that if you have an accidenct for example because you have no experience it comes back on the entire venomous keeping community. We end up with people trying to ban them even more than we already have. At the same time if you wanna let that one go and actually do the intelligent thing by getting some experience we could all assist you with contacting someone in your area to help teach you. I myself have a few great ones so if you could let it go and tell us what state your in we could help you get into this hobby correctly. Once again we are not telling you this because we don’t believe in you it’s just that we don’t wan’t you to have an accident that comes back and ends up affecting everyone.

Kody H

08/06/10  10:34am

Papi
View Profile

Message To: Papi   In reference to Message Id: 2167482

First Caught

As a matter of fact I noticed you live in Oklahoma which is where I live and I can personally get you in contact with people or I can work with you myself and would be willing to house it for you until you are ready if you would like to do that. I will send you a PM(personal message) with my phone number as well and you can call or txt me.

Kody H

08/06/10  10:38am

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area