Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Venomous Snakes Forum

Deadvenom-x   IamLegend   Deadvenom-x  
 Member  Message

 #2159919


Deadvenom-x
View Profile





 B. cyanea Envenomation

Thought this may be of small interest....photos taken from the night it happened to 3 days later. It looks like a giant bruise now lol

She held on for a good minute or so, couldnt get her off for the life of me until I got listerine.

The bite area











Note the faint red line under my middle finger extending to my other finger... and look at it in the photo after this one



red line extended







As said, it looks a heck of alot better now LOL :)



07/02/10  12:49am

 #2160375


IamLegend
View Profile



  Message To: Deadvenom-x   In reference to Message Id: 2159919


 B. cyanea Envenomation

that’s not too terribly bad at all, i mean, its always better to not get bitten, but for him having held on for a good solid minute, that’s not bad. It did swell up nice and all, but still its a good thing it wasn’t bad, and you aren’t allergic to the venom. Thanks for sharing with us, and im glad you’re ok!

Matt



07/04/10  03:47pm

 #2160422


Deadvenom-x
View Profile



  Message To: IamLegend   In reference to Message Id: 2160375


 B. cyanea Envenomation

Figured I would share what Boiga cyanea can do. They have the weakest venom of the boiga species. :) Dr. Fry (assuming you know who he is) told me that is the worst it can get for cyanea. It was completely my fault of course... usually she is as calm as a button when I place her food in her enclosure...she was "asleep" as usual but I guess she was a bit to hungry and got me and the mouse at the same time. She never eats in front of me, let alone take it from me. I have to leave it on the branch for her to eat it later in the night...changed her mind this time...



07/04/10  07:07pm


Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area