Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Venomous Snakes Forum

Ayden   Chris H   Ayden   Flherp   Ayden   Flherp   Ayden   Flherp   Ayden   S barefield   Adamy   Kelso reptiles  
 Member  Message

Ayden
View Profile

Another question

So i got another question...
If you have a small kid, would you still keep your venomous snakes in the house? What would happen if the snake got out and your kid was near it? Sorry that i ask a lot of stuff but i had this question on my mind for a while now.

06/17/10  01:14pm

Chris H
View Profile

Message To: Ayden   In reference to Message Id: 2156473

Another question

yes, in a locked room filled with double screened locked cages. This should be standard with or without a kid. And IF a snake gets out, it should be in the locked room. I dont have a kid but I have gone so far as to put screening over the air vents along the floor and a weathering strip along the bottom of the door to ensure that the snake cannot get beyond that room. But the ultimate goal s to not let it past its cage.

06/17/10  03:49pm

Ayden
View Profile

Message To: Chris H   In reference to Message Id: 2156513

Another question

O thanks!I went to this one mans house and he had two green mambas and the cage was in the family room and it was not so secure as yours and he had a kid of 3 years!

06/19/10  06:23am

Flherp
View Profile

Message To: Ayden   In reference to Message Id: 2156854

Another question

One time at band camp...concern trolling is a wee bit annoying. As with any other hobby there are a variety of people involved; there are those who take the extra step to insure their animals are secure and healthy and there are those on the other side of the spectrum and all points in between. Is there a point to your anecdote? If it is that there are some people who are a bit more casual in their keeping and safety measures, it is not really a groundbreaking discovery.

06/19/10  09:41am

Ayden
View Profile

Message To: Flherp   In reference to Message Id: 2156866

Another question

Was there a point of your comment?

06/19/10  10:44am

Flherp
View Profile

Message To: Ayden   In reference to Message Id: 2156869

Another question

Yes, the point is that you are not revealing anything new with your anecdote about someone whose home you have been to allegedly keeping mambas in what you feel are less than safe conditions in a common room of their home. In every human activity from work to play there are those who approach their tasks seriously and those who do not and a range of behaviors in between. First, you question why anyone would keep venomous species and then go on to relate an anecdote about someone keeping venomous animals in what are described as less than safe conditions. There are keepers of potentially dangerous, non-venomous species that keep their animals in unsecured cages. See the recent fatality in Webster, Florida. If there is a safety issue, would it not be wise to address the question to the keeper of the mambas and the parent of the child rather than to some anonymous folks on the internet? That is the person who has a potential safety issue and is the only person who can alter their behavior to effect change in this scenario, without intervention by some outside authority.

06/19/10  12:00pm

Ayden
View Profile

Message To: Flherp   In reference to Message Id: 2156889

Another question

Blah Blah Blah Blah whatever, Tell someone who cares. You probably, one of those people that nothing better to do than to pick on kids. Oh ya and that was so boring that i almost fell asleep. Have a nice day. [Image][/Image]

06/20/10  05:21am

Flherp
View Profile

Message To: Ayden   In reference to Message Id: 2157041

Another question

You asked a question, it was answered. If you desire flame wars, I suggest you seek another forum.

06/20/10  06:01am

Ayden
View Profile

Message To: Flherp   In reference to Message Id: 2157043

Another question

i appreciate it when someone answers my question but you don’t have to be rude! btw you did not answer anything, all you said that i was irritating!

06/21/10  01:29pm

S barefield
View Profile

Another question

i would keep them but i woulde put them all in a room with no window i would duck tape th vent and make a door thet they cant slither through and have atleast ten different kind of locks on the door

07/21/10  12:02pm

Adamy
View Profile

Message To: Ayden   In reference to Message Id: 2157041

Another question

do you have any venomous snakes? i am a kid by the way.

12/07/10  06:51pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Another question

yeah but i would have a sealed door with like ten locks on it so the kid couldent get in ther

02/13/11  09:33pm

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area