Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Venomous Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Grundisimo   Kelso reptiles   Retile_expert   Grundisimo   SoLA   Snake1zn   Skymall007   JEFF QUARLES   Ublaz   Code man   JEFF QUARLES   Ublaz   JEFF QUARLES   Sierraholbrook947   Md.sumon   Uromastyxman   Gaboon  

Member  Message

Grundisimo
View Profile

Poisonous snakes

How would I go about acquiring one of those beauties? AND, if I live in Utah is it required to have a license to own one.

06/07/10  09:35pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Grundisimo   In reference to Message Id: 2154100

Poisonous snakes

im am not trying to be rude but you should now more about VENOMOUSE snakes (not poisonouse) before you get one

02/13/11  09:47pm

Retile_expert
View Profile

Poisonous snakes

I agree with Kelso Reptiles before you get one you need to do TONS of research on which one your getting and if i were you I’d want to have experiance with a venomous snakes before i have one living in my house as a pet.

02/14/11  12:06am

Grundisimo
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2204801

Poisonous snakes

Venomous doesn’t have an E at the end and yes i know it is venomous not poisonous.

02/22/11  08:42am

SoLA
View Profile

Message To: Grundisimo   In reference to Message Id: 2206290

Poisonous snakes

We still have a long way to go before we decide what is the least poisonous snake, since we only have a few poisonous snakes documented. The most poisonous I would have to hand to certain populations of Rhabdophis tigrinis : )

Now for least venomous snake... I suppose we could probably hand that to the egg eaters. In fact, I don’t even know if any venom has been able to be drawn from them, but I suppose we suspect there is some trivial hint there. Until recently we have not been able to draw venom from any of the boas or pythons, or many of the North American kings/milks, bulls/pines, and rat snakes. All that was able to be obtained was a mucus "snotty" substance. But after a little work, they were able to get some neurotoxins that could positively ID the origin of venom there. Neurotoxins would only be present in a venom gland, and serves no other interest but to subdue their prey.

So my answer would have to be...if you truly want the least venomous snake...get an egg eater.

03/06/11  10:20am

Snake1zn
View Profile

Message To: Retile_expert   In reference to Message Id: 2204826

Poisonous snakes

Hello ppl do u need a permit 2 keep a black mamba ?

09/19/12  03:14pm

Skymall007
View Profile

Poisonous snakes

This would require a lot of research and I mean this in the kindest way, but if this is the place you are conducting this research then this animal may not be for you. I have read that before owning a venomous snake, you should keep none venomous ones for three years without having a single bite because a single bite with a venomous snake can easily be your death.

With that said, before acquiring a V. species on your own, I recommend you contact others who own venomous snakes and ask to learn how to handle them and what their care needs are.

To be honest, I believe that these are not pets. They belong in the wild or with researchers and educators. Captivity poses risks for both you and anyone around you.

Do you have prior experience with snakes? If yes, then you probably realize they can be escape artists.

If you are looking for a snake that isn’t into handling or just for "display" then a Green Tree Boa may be more up your ally if you have the experience. I personally don’t like the idea of "display" animals, but that’s just me.

09/19/12  03:46pm

JEFF QUARLES
View Profile

Message To: SoLA   In reference to Message Id: 2208279

Poisonous snakes

It’s VENOMOUS, not poisonous.

09/23/12  06:29pm

Ublaz
View Profile

Message To: Snake1zn   In reference to Message Id: 2280804

Poisonous snakes

Excues me Snake1zn, in my personal opinion anyone useing textspeak that rampantly is usually either in a hurry, on their phone, or way too new to get a venomous snake except possibly a hognose.

09/25/12  10:41pm

Code man
View Profile

Message To: JEFF QUARLES   In reference to Message Id: 2281212

Poisonous snakes

Actually, there are poisonous snakes. But to reply to the OP’s post if you are unsure of state laws or where to get one you arent nearly ready to own one.

02/10/13  01:29pm

JEFF QUARLES
View Profile

Message To: Code man   In reference to Message Id: 2291697

Poisonous snakes

I just saw a documentary about a type of garter snake that eats toads and frogs and can retain the toxins from the prey and secrete it from their skin when attacked. Pretty cool.

02/10/13  09:30pm

Ublaz
View Profile

Message To: JEFF QUARLES   In reference to Message Id: 2291775

Poisonous snakes

Yeah I’ve heard about that snake, isn’t it from japan or something? Or maybe that’s a different snake.

02/20/13  04:09pm

JEFF QUARLES
View Profile

Message To: Ublaz   In reference to Message Id: 2292469

Poisonous snakes

Yeah, Japan..

02/21/13  05:26pm

Sierraholbrook947
View Profile

Message To: JEFF QUARLES   In reference to Message Id: 2292502

Poisonous snakes

Quote:

• [Link][Image]  [Video] should know about how much rick you could have !

• 04/21/13  01:03am

Md.sumon
    View Profile

Poisonous snakes

[Image][Video]  
  • [Link]

Quote:

• 04/29/15  10:56pm

Uromastyxman
    View Profile

Message To: Md.sumon   In reference to Message Id: 2313410

Poisonous snakes

The snake is called Yamakagashi Pit VIper

02/10/16  01:00pm

Gaboon
    View Profile

Poisonous snakes

INSURANCE!

Check with your health insurance provider to ensure that your policy covers your medical care if you are bitten by one of your hot snakes. Many policies do not cover issues such as riding s motorcycle, piloting an airplane, or, presumably, keeping venomous snakes. Also check to see that your homeowner’s policy covers you if one of your hot snakes escapes and bites, or even just terrorizes, one of your your neighbors.

Some years ago, I learned that The Hartford would write a policy to cover these matters. I did not inquire about the costs, but I suspect they were/are pricey.

It’s worth checking.

01/28/17  12:01pm

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area