Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Venomous Snakes Forum

Ayden   JEFF QUARLES   Ayden   SoLA   Grundisimo   Cobraboy   Anouk   RFjunkie  
 Member  Message

Ayden
View Profile

Why do you keep them?

I would just like to know why you guys keep venomous snakes as pets? I love snakes and have 3 of my own but none of them are venomous. What do you do with them? Don`t they try and bite when you take them out the cage to feed them or do you feed them in the cage? and what would you do if they bite you?

05/22/10  06:32am

JEFF QUARLES
View Profile

Message To: Ayden   In reference to Message Id: 2149633

Why do you keep them?

The same reason you keep nonvens; Because they are fascinating to watch and learn from.

05/22/10  02:36pm

Ayden
View Profile

Message To: JEFF QUARLES   In reference to Message Id: 2149702

Why do you keep them?

I must admit they are beautiful , but what do you do with them?

05/22/10  03:46pm

SoLA
View Profile

Message To: Ayden   In reference to Message Id: 2149712

Why do you keep them?

Same thing you do with non-venomous. Take them outside for a soccer partner, drive them to work, put them on your skis to go faster, plug them in to your computer for more memory. Really, is the practical and normal person who keeps snakes for fun honestly asking what someone else gets out of another kind of snake?

05/24/10  07:16pm

Grundisimo
View Profile

Why do you keep them?

Why do you keep non-venomous snakes as pets? The answers are the same. And, does your snake try to bite you every time you reach into its cage?

06/10/10  12:21pm

Cobraboy
View Profile

Message To: SoLA   In reference to Message Id: 2150358

Why do you keep them?

i agree with Grundisimo though they are venomous they are no different then you keeping nonvenomous its just a bigger thrill and a different high for someone to get off at. other people like my self keep them for other reasons such as breeding and milking.

08/15/10  11:52am

Anouk
View Profile

Message To: Cobraboy   In reference to Message Id: 2169514

Why do you keep them?

I totally love my nonvenomous ball python, Anouk. He snuggles in bed with me while I watch TV, play on the computer, and read. He is affectionate as far as a snake can be :) and enjoys going on outings to the local pet stores. I can interact with him a lot more than I could a venomous snake. I find ALL snakes beautiful and intriguing. Do you really get satisfaction handling a snake you can’t hold? I can’t ever have a venomous snake. I would be killed because I would want to kiss it!!!!!! I don’t agree with venomoids because I always think the owner will change his mind and just dump off this helpless snake. If I could have a venomous snake, I would choose a gaboon viper because they are beautiful and have the longest fangs.

08/18/10  03:07am

RFjunkie
View Profile

Why do you keep them?

To understand why requires experience.

08/20/10  08:27pm

Back to Venomous Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area